Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

Episode 49 of the Press Row Podcast features an in-depth interview by host Rich Grisham (@richgrisham) with NBA Live 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher (@ScottOGallagher). Scott talks at length about some of the challenges the team has experienced in bringing NBA Live 14 to life, all of the gameplay features and controls, and the ways that NBA Live will set itself apart from its own heritage and the competition. While there is much about the game that has yet to be announced – and therefore isn’t discussed here – it’s an interesting view into the game now that it’s almost time to be unveiled to a waiting community.

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Lastly, be sure to check out our friends at Weekend Confirmed right here: http://www.shacknews.com/tag/weekend-confirmed. If you’re not already a listener, give it a shot. We’re all big fans!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 53 Minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
This dude sounds so unenthusiastic about this game. Youd figure if you havent released a game in about 3 or 4 years that you'd be extremely stoked for your new product. All I know is 2k's Next-gen looks way more realistic and sure they havent released any gameplay yet but if were comparing trailers then any of the 2k next gen ones blow the one wack Live one away. People will buy live just for a change of pace but theres no way live even threatens 2k in my opinion. Also how the hell they gonna get "hacked" and say theres 7 or 8 trailers coming out then reduce it to 3? sounds like they dont wanna release any looks at the game cuz they know its not gonna hold its own weight. The players may dribble the ball better but the movements have always been so fake the players just look and feel like they are floating above the court in Live. Hands down I was more excited today for 2ks 1 screen shot then anything I heard from this entire interview.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
shooting on the face buttons is very disappointing for me.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Rookie

i rather shoot off the face buttons to me, the dribble stick and 1 to 1 movement and responsiveness sounds good to me
Old 10-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

I love how he says he is not satisfied with where the game is right now. It basically tells me that the game is no where near where it should be. I'm so glad I decided to not pre-order an xbox one. All of these games coming out on launch, aren't what they're all cracked up to be. It's as I've said in another post -- just wait next year to purchase a sports game (well any next gen game rather) with your hard earned money, and just rent the games via gamefly. I just have a feeling that 2014 is going to be one amazing year in gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb3138
This dude sounds so unenthusiastic about this game. Youd figure if you havent released a game in about 3 or 4 years that you'd be extremely stoked for your new product. All I know is 2k's Next-gen looks way more realistic and sure they havent released any gameplay yet but if were comparing trailers then any of the 2k next gen ones blow the one wack Live one away. People will buy live just for a change of pace but theres no way live even threatens 2k in my opinion. Also how the hell they gonna get "hacked" and say theres 7 or 8 trailers coming out then reduce it to 3? sounds like they dont wanna release any looks at the game cuz they know its not gonna hold its own weight. The players may dribble the ball better but the movements have always been so fake the players just look and feel like they are floating above the court in Live. Hands down I was more excited today for 2ks 1 screen shot then anything I heard from this entire interview.
i mean is he supposed to sound like hip hop gamer??? lol
Old 10-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
I love how he says he is not satisfied with where the game is right now. It basically tells me that the game is no where near where it should be. I'm so glad I decided to not pre-order an xbox one. All of these games coming out on launch, aren't what they're all cracked up to be. It's as I've said in another post -- just wait next year to purchase a sports game (well any next gen game rather) with your hard earned money, and just rent the games via gamefly. I just have a feeling that 2014 is going to be one amazing year in gaming.
I looked at him not being satisfied as motivation to get better. If you watched Peyton manning interview last week after they scored 51 points that game, he didn't talk about how awesome they played he talked about all the mistakes they made and how they need to improve. The great ones are never satisfied with where they are but looking to improve all the time. Just my opinion. I expect a serviceable game but I agree with you that 2014 should be mind blowing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
Rookie

spottieottiedop's Arena

OVR: 3
I preordered NBA Live based on this podcast. I don't need someone to sell me on it. Just explain the game and let me see it and how it works. When the explanation of how differently the PG's play has me taking the leap. Don't get it twisted, still getting NBA2K

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »