Home

NBA Live 14 Reveals Athlete Lineup

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reveals Athlete Lineup within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 14 Reveals Athlete Lineup

I think the capture of the face is sick. I thought they would put microdots on their face the same way they do for other games. But its just an HD camera, a dozen or so and they sit in the booth. It gets the job done. Still,I wonder how will emotion translate into the game. Will their be emotion. They didn't mocap the face, they just captured it. I haven't seen kyrie shifted from the emotionless expression on his face since the first trailer. I'm guessing emotions won't be in the game?

Last edited by yungflo; 10-14-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #42
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

OVR: 0
Let's GO!! The rivalry is now OFFICIALLY back.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I think the capture of the face is sick. I thought they would put microdots on their face the same way they do for other games. But its just an HD camera, a dozen or so and they sit in the booth. It gets the job done. Still,I wonder how will emotion translate into the game. Will their be emotion. They didn't mocap the face, they just captured it. I haven't seen kyrie shifted from the emotionless expression on his face since the first trailer. I'm guessing emotions won't be in the game?
There are emotions in the game. If you go back and read some of the articles on the EA website there are pictures of Nba players yelling and smiling. I'm glad I'm right when I said the info was going to be flooding in this week. These next two weeks are going to be the best. This is the most information we've gotten. That interview with Scott O'Gallagher is very informative and answers a lot of questions. I don't expect them to show all their cards just yet though. We might get another trailer later this week I'm feeling and then maybe a full 5 vs 5 next week. I think it would be better for EA to let 2k show their next gen gameplay first. B/c people remember what is the most current and recent. If they show gameplay first people will forget about it, and once the 2k videos starting dropping it will be a complete afterthought. Glad the game is confirmed! Competition is back! Let's hope 2k can get this nfl license now.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson_2k
There are emotions in the game. If you go back and read some of the articles on the EA website there are pictures of Nba players yelling and smiling. I'm glad I'm right when I said the info was going to be flooding in this week. These next two weeks are going to be the best. This is the most information we've gotten. That interview with Scott O'Gallagher is very informative and answers a lot of questions. I don't expect them to show all their cards just yet though. We might get another trailer later this week I'm feeling and then maybe a full 5 vs 5 next week. I think it would be better for EA to let 2k show their next gen gameplay first. B/c people remember what is the most current and recent. If they show gameplay first people will forget about it, and once the 2k videos starting dropping it will be a complete afterthought. Glad the game is confirmed! Competition is back! Let's hope 2k can get this nfl license now.
I'm sure there is emotion in the game, but I want to know is it advanced as 2k ? or at leat what they are leading on to. I don't believe ea when they say game footage, they did and kyrie double dribbled lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjuTvTt1Kik

His face changed once. That animation is similiar to a current gen emotion.

Show me a screenshot where they are yelling or showing vast differences of emotion in nbalive14. All the screenshots are stonewalled.

Last edited by yungflo; 10-14-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #45
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
NBA Live 14 Reveals Athlete Lineup

I have to admit, these players looks pretty good. I would love to see how the approach the super skinny (KD,) Muscular (LeBron,) hybrid of Skinny and Muscular (Dwight) and Fat (Big Baby) from both sides.

And gameplay wouldn't hurt.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #46
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
BounceTek, BounceTek, BounceTek . . .
♫♪♫ Bounce Tek, (BounceTek)...... BounceTek (BounceTek),

All that they're marketing is BounceTek ♫♪♫
Old 10-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #47
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswag187
does anyone notice that they gave Kyrie a bigger crotch, I'm not trying to be a perv or anything but it seemed noticable
They always inflate the "stats" of their cover boys at EA Sports, betcha' Kyrie has the highest crotch rating in Live this year.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 10
This is a good look. I never understood the importance of bouncetek until playing 2k 14 the game is filled with animations. You get sucked into a move or the defender, the control scheme is so over the top you don't really do what you want to do. I'm not MR. ELITE 2K GUY, but this bouncetek thong is a good look.

As oit this news, it screams exclusivity. They are sleeping with the NBA. Next the Nba will cut a deal to have live exclusively produce a game just like madden. Thing is were gonna end up with great looking not so great playing games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »