Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Looks better, but as most would agree, it doesn't have that next-gen look or movement to it. I find there to be a lot of stiffness in the upper torso still. Obviously, Live has their own art direction and it shows. I just thought that on a new system and era, their skeletal structure for the players would be totally redone. Looks like copy and paste from current-gen as far as the movement, beyond dribbling. I'll still get it and try it out because I'm a basketball nut, but I'm walking away pretty unexcited.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #138
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
I'm still buying the game because I support competition. Competition is good for the gamers. It didn't look good, but it's something new... Well kind of... Either way we the gamers all win with competition. Obviously most of my play time is going to 2k though.
You buying a game that doesn't look good just because it's competition? WOW, its your money.

Game looks stiff to me. No bad, but not impressed. I'm sticking with the other game. I'm done.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 4
Not bad, I think it will be fun. Still getting 2k14 first, but I'll play any basketball game. Could be a solid foot hole for the series. Still we DON'T know anything about the game play in next gen 2k14. Even the Czar is saying that the game will be different on next gen. That could or bad too. Interesting times....
Old 10-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #140
Pro

OVR: 6

My true to life reaction.

They have a lot of work to do.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #141
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 14 Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
There is absolutely no help defense. The ball handler gets past his defender and can just go to the rim unimpeded.
I'm sure that is just because it's a trailer. They're trying to show off dunks but I will hold final judgement till I see extended game play.

So far so good for Live.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #142
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
where do i begin? well irst off, this game def has elements pf past lives in it so im not buying the ground up aspect at all. you can still see traces of old live which is good and bad. its live.. in a sense, but the stuff that plagued earlier lives made its way thru.

it looks decent, but i have a bad feeling this game could be a 1 & done. this game is going to get the least sales as far as next gen sports go. and if this doesnt sell more than live 10, could be done.

i liked the dribbling, but other than that it was more meh than anything, plain ole rice cakes. where did stoudemire disappear to when kyrie did his layup? melo stutter, i liked.. the game just seems slow..like live 07 slow.. playing with senior citizen versions of the players as far as movement went at times in this clip.

i dont like the spastic movements.. i used this term when describing elite years ago, look at curry when deron is dribbling... spastic seizure jittery movements... thats a result of too much control.... not letting momentum/transition animation happen.

its a start, ill just get the demo if i wanna play this.. like ive been doing since 07.

did like the courts..those look good. because theyre static.. will post more after more viewing.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #143
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
Looks like Live 10 with minor visual improvments, but nothing like next gen. That being said, Fifa doesnt look like next gen either so it could be the EA "we dont want to invest money, we wanna milk yall" syndrom.

All in all, it doesnt look that bad for EA to cancel it but having to discuss it speaks for itself. They REALLY need to step up their game for next year or that competion for 2k wont last long.
I played FIFA yesterday on the PS$ and it looks very next gen to me.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #144
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by veguss2001
Meh. Shouldn't be $60.
That.Was.Terrible.

That trailer seemed thrown together, as evident of the constant song switching that didn't match the video at all. Pre-ordered canceled. I'm sorry, but this is not a 60 dollar game. Maybe when it 20 dollars, I'll consider it, but wow.

I won't knock the dribbling, thats on point.
I like the post up animation with kobe, it seemed really aggressive. No big man play at all, but no worries, 2k didn't show the post either.

One con is they still jump like flubber in the air, this was apparent cause whenever they tried to take off, they hid the jump and you saw the guy float up there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »