Home

Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Madden NFL 25 Blogs - War in Trenches, Pass Rush/Blocking, Sense, TrueStep Locomo

Glad to see them bring up "Rail Tracks." Ian brought this up a few years ago in the old "Supporter's Only" forum. He said they had gone up to EA Canada to talk to the Fifa team about working on locomotion. That is what it was called. I agree, it's nice to see them putting so much work into what's "under the hood." Fifa team took that approach and, while it took a few years, it gave us the game we have now. I'm really starting to hope for this series.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Blogs - War in Trenches, Pass Rush/Blocking, Sense, TrueStep Locomo

Implementation is certainly key. One concern I have ( I haven't played this year's Madden) is that the offense knows what blitzes are coming and how to block it. Now usually this is the case IRL but sometimes you'll see a defender who has a free path to the qb. I would rather have this pass rush pick up logic attribute dependent (say on awareness) such that good, experienced linemen are differentiated from bad and/or inexperienced linemen. Preferably there would also be some sort of "teammate" attribute, such that linemen who have worked together in the past would be better at this sort thing, but I suspect that would not be programmable.

Staying with the ol/dl I'd like to be able to do double pass rushing moves, set up ol (e.g. start off looking like I'm going to do an outside swim and do an inside spin)
Old 10-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Really like the pocket formation video w/ Russell Wilson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood

Like I say, I'm seriously pissed that NCAA isn't going to be a part of this upgrade. Having Madden without NCAA is like cookies without the milk. Its still good, but the milk makes it waaay better. I still have my fingers crossed for NCAA to return in a year or two.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Ok - now I will say that I need to see it to believe it. That being said, I am happy that they are working on the right things. Under the hood. A lot of what I saw there looks really good. Realism = fun. The more realistic it is, the better the game will be.
I agree, EA has had problems getting these promises to payout well on the field, but I have to give them credit for the direction they are heading and the things they are working on.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #14
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYnhp2H8AGo

Good stuff overall with the line but I'm kind worried about the defenders here. Looks like they are playing guys that come into their zone well but look how the LB on the right is running forward and backward and forward for no reason. He should just stand next to the man in his zone. The LB and Defender to the right of him are running back and forth in sync and Im not sure for what.

The line looks good though.
Watched that play about 20 times. Everyone watch that video.

You have D lineman running sideways ignoring better paths to the quarterback so they can seemingly engage with the blockers the way the game wants them to, the way they animate and the angles they take are just poor.

Also watch 23 on the left of the screen, he too has a path to the QB, gets a tiny bump from someone and instead of bursting through the hole to the QB he runs into the O lineman who then falls flat on his face.

Watch the 2 D lineman who run sideways to the right of the screen, 94 should have ripped right past the center instead of running over to engage the guard.

I don't like the way that play looks AT ALL, if there is one plus, it almost looks like a pocket kind of forms, but watch it a bunch of times like I did and tell me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #15
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Watched that play about 20 times. Everyone watch that video.

You have D lineman running sideways ignoring better paths to the quarterback so they can seemingly engage with the blockers the way the game wants them to, the way they animate and the angles they take are just poor.

Also watch 23 on the left of the screen, he too has a path to the QB, gets a tiny bump from someone and instead of bursting through the hole to the QB he runs into the O lineman who then falls flat on his face.

Watch the 2 D lineman who run sideways to the right of the screen, 94 should have ripped right past the center instead of running over to engage the guard.

I don't like the way that play looks AT ALL, if there is one plus, it almost looks like a pocket kind of forms, but watch it a bunch of times like I did and tell me if I'm wrong.
The DL has a stunt called and the linemen are crashing outwards -- this isn't that worrisome when it's in that context.

23 got caught up in traffic and the two DL were stunting. That's literally how that play should play out. He wasn't running to engage the guard but doing what he should, guy even says it in the video. My only complaint is that the DT seems to potentially go too wide on the stunt, but had he ripped inside as you suggest, the guard might've picked him up there as well.

Last edited by RaychelSnr; 10-18-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood

Best part of Steve's original post. Saying EA claiming they have wriiten things under the hood. For the past years EA claims they have done x, y, and z. Even A lot of the media outlets regurgitate Madden fact sheets and saying this has been added or fixed. And most times the features don't work as advertised. As others have said, put me on the side of wait until I play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »