Home

NBA Live 14: New Dribble Moves Information Released

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: New Dribble Moves Information Released within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 3
Even as a big time 2k fan, I must admit EA has it over 2k on 3 things. 1. Dribbling. 2. Passing. 3. Crowd (graphics and animation). Also, the crowd responsiveness/sound on Live has always trumped 2k. The dribbling video looked phenomenol. EA can only improve at this point. Just don't like the hunchback look and stiffness of the players. IF 2k had EA's passing and dribbling animations, there would be no contest, but I have to still give EA a fighting chance this year and for years to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14: New Dribble Moves Information Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzz24
Even as a big time 2k fan, I must admit EA has it over 2k on 3 things. 1. Dribbling. 2. Passing. 3. Crowd (graphics and animation). Also, the crowd responsiveness/sound on Live has always trumped 2k. The dribbling video looked phenomenol. EA can only improve at this point. Just don't like the hunchback look and stiffness of the players. IF 2k had EA's passing and dribbling animations, there would be no contest, but I have to still give EA a fighting chance this year and for years to come.
I guess you didn't hear about the improvements to 2k's dribbling.

Skip to about 7:42

Old 10-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
I guess you didn't hear about the improvements to 2k's dribbling.

Skip to about 7:42

GTFO here with that. This is about NBA Live and NBA Live only.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #108
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
SO you ignore the fact that he was responding to a post that mention 2k several time. The fact is so far all we know is that Live 14 main focus is their dribbling system if the other game dribbling system has also been revamped in addition to the other new features and graphical improvements what is Live bringing to the table, the only thing i see Live 14 having over 2k maybe Online stability and with this new crew mode with a 100 players on the court they better have dedicated servers for next gen.

Last edited by coolcras7; 10-26-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #109
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
Lol why? We're all in the same boat right? There is no Live people and 2k people that need to be segregated, we're not playing favorites we're all just trying to find the best simulation of basketball(or at least I hope). I was just trying to help a fellow basketball gamer make a decision based on the facts as he didn't seem to completely know all the aspects.

Did you even watch the vid?

Last edited by royounggoku; 10-26-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #110
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
SO you ignore the fact that he was responding to a post that mention 2k several time. The fact is so far all we know is that Live 14 main focus is their dribbling system if the other game dribbling system has also been revamped in addition to the other new features and graphical improvements what is Live bringing to the table, the only thing i see Live 14 having over 2k maybe Online stability and with this new crew mode with a 100 players on the court they better have dedicated servers for next gen.
It's painfully evident that people don't care about getting the best game, they just wanna support a certain brand which makes no sense to me . What Live has touted as their game changing feature and what they seem to only want to talk about 2k has done, right down to the signature dribbles and ALOT more. So why would someone want to buy this game? They NEED to start talking about features, online, gameplay other than dribbling. SOMETHING.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
It's painfully evident that people don't care about getting the best game, they just wanna support a certain brand which makes no sense to me . What Live has touted as their game changing feature and what they seem to only want to talk about 2k has done, right down to the signature dribbles and ALOT more. So why would someone want to buy this game? They NEED to start talking about features, online, gameplay other than dribbling. SOMETHING.
I don't get brand loyalty either. I'm all about having the best game for my buck. Same thing with consoles, etc. If people want to try this game for a change of pace, I have no issues with that. I just don't get the whole "x game sucks Y game is better and will always be better, no facts necessary."

Speaking of Dribbling, Like damn How much can we continue to ask on this subject? this **** has been covered since E3. What is it that we need to know so much about dribbling that its worth ignoring other aspects of the game? especially 3 weeks away. The dribbling looks sick I admit that, but damn its like asking the same question, in 25 different ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 02:10 AM   #112
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Speaking of Dribbling, Like damn How much can we continue to ask on this subject? this **** has been covered since E3. What is it that we need to know so much about dribbling that its worth ignoring other aspects of the game? especially 3 weeks away. The dribbling looks sick I admit that, but damn its like asking the same question, in 25 different ways.
Yeah, until now it's been like: "Ask us anything you want...anything!...as long as it's about dribbling".

Spoiler

Last edited by youvalss; 10-27-2013 at 01:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »