Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Next-Gen Gameplay

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Next-Gen Gameplay within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #369
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Next-Gen Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Do you know what we mean by "looks the same?" It means the same as CG. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C
You do realize you SEEING the game you cannot tell how it PLAYS..

Every gameplay impressions I've heard said that the players FEEL differently. They feel like actual 200 lb athletes and have momentum and what not. Seems like an upgrade from current gen and that will never translate to the EYE.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #370
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
LOL at the other thread about chris smoove, that guy was so butthurt. If people complain about ANYTHING in the game, there's always someone automatically coming to 2k's defense saying "IT'S A MISTAKE BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT REALLY HAPPENS!!!" You people aren't 2k reps so stop acting like someone made fun of your mother when they criticize something about the game. And don't say "It's only with stupid criticisms", no, Smoove had legitimate criticism about the pick and rolls and you decide to blindly defend it. Besides he even said he had to see more gameplay to come to a decision so how about you people calm your jets and accept the fact that a game is a game and games will have mistakes that dont need you to constantly come to their defense as to how it's actually an intentional mistake.
What is the point of this post? First, why are taking issue with folks that disagree with criticisms? Secondly, what makes you think you have the right to tell people what they can and can't talk about? As long as it's a public forum and it doesn't violate the ToS, folks can say what they want to who they choose. Smoove can have legit criticisms. And folks can have legit rebuttals to them. If you want to accuse folks of being 2K reps, then lets say Smoove is being paid by EA and you are an EA rep (or should I say a Smoove rep). It goes both ways.

You are right - every game will have issues. And they are discussed pretty extensively here on OS. These useless attempts at muting go both ways. If a thread starts up with a complaint, then it's fair game. End of story.

As for NG gameplay *looking like* CG, again - as a fan of the gameplay, no way in hell would I want to to BE that different. It's basketball. Basketball doesn't change. Will you complainers not watch the NBA this year - because I'm 100% it'll look the same as it did last year. And the year before that. And so on.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:56 AM   #371
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
What is the point of this post? First, why are taking issue with folks that disagree with criticisms? Secondly, what makes you think you have the right to tell people what they can and can't talk about? As long as it's a public forum and it doesn't violate the ToS, folks can say what they want to who they choose. Smoove can have legit criticisms. And folks can have legit rebuttals to them. If you want to accuse folks of being 2K reps, then lets say Smoove is being paid by EA and you are an EA rep (or should I say a Smoove rep). It goes both ways.

You are right - every game will have issues. And they are discussed pretty extensively here on OS. These useless attempts at muting go both ways. If a thread starts up with a complaint, then it's fair game. End of story.

As for NG gameplay *looking like* CG, again - as a fan of the gameplay, no way in hell would I want to to BE that different. It's basketball. Basketball doesn't change. Will you complainers not watch the NBA this year - because I'm 100% it'll look the same as it did last year. And the year before that. And so on.
I never told people they couldn't talk about anything, I just said there's an irrational amount of outrage towards people with criticisms about the game, typically in the form of snarky and unnecessary remarks. It hasn't happened to me but I've seen it happen here too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 03:08 AM   #372
Banned

I see your Chris video and raise you... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duKd...e_gdata_player

He was there...he played it...to me sounds like he knows what he's talking about more than the other guy...but in the end, I will hold judgement until I play it myself Nov. 22...all I can say about seeing a video without being extremely presumptuous, is that it looks gorgeous...
Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 AM   #373
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMAN OF 5TEELx
I see your Chris video and raise you... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duKd...e_gdata_player

He was there...he played it...to me sounds like he knows what he's talking about more than the other guy...but in the end, I will hold judgement until I play it myself Nov. 22...all I can say about seeing a video without being extremely presumptuous, is that it looks gorgeous...
well yeah, but it's not like chris smoove claimed the game was crap, he said he needed to see more gameplay.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:03 AM   #374
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
NBA 2K14 Video - Next-Gen Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
You do realize you SEEING the game you cannot tell how it PLAYS..

Every gameplay impressions I've heard said that the players FEEL differently. They feel like actual 200 lb athletes and have momentum and what not. Seems like an upgrade from current gen and that will never translate to the EYE.
I've felt that before with current gen. I just needed to adjust the rosters.

I would love to know who said that momentum thing though. Reliable sources would be great. Cause if it's really that in stock, that's good.

Last edited by MarvinOida; 10-27-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #375
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
I've felt that before with current gen. I just needed to adjust the rosters.

I would love to know who said that momentum thing though. Reliable sources would be great. Cause if it's really that in stock, that's good.

Lol..sliders do NOT effect the physics at all. You are just slowing the player movement/animation down. You may feel like you are creating that feeling but hands down once you play 2k14 next gen you will realize the difference. There is a new engine. Player movement is different, nothing sliders could recreate. Do you play Fifa?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/25...a-2k14-footage

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 10-27-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #376
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
As with everything, I think the "looks like" line is open for debate. I don't think people are using that line as a means of saying, "Oh man, it looks like it plays a great game of basketball! I wanted something different!"

Instead, I think there's just some folks out there who, rationally or irrationally, were expecting to be blown away from gameplay improvements that matched the graphical improvements. For instance, maybe some people were expecting next-level fluidity that made current generation branching animations look prehistoric. To focus on a common example thrown out there thus far, maybe they were expecting there to be an incredible looking side shuffle and spotup animation from Klay Thompson instead of watching him jog all funky to the corner and half turn to face the crowd randomly.

And I do not say that to criticize the next gen 2K. I just think that might be more what people are referring to, as opposed to having a problem with the general idea of it playing a good game of basketball. 2K plays good basketball, but there's still so many big and small things that can be doen to make it look even better gameplay-wise. And maybe full gameplay videos will reveal a lot of those cool things.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-27-2013 at 10:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »