Home

WWE 2K14 Available Today, Share Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Available Today, Share Your Impressions Here within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: WWE 2K14 Available Today, Share Your Impressions Here

did they really have to add so many hogan attires? he wears the same thing for like 7 wrestlemanias
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #122
Pro

OVR: 9

Can someone please explain to me how the heck to use Custom Soundtrack in the Music Jukebox? The songs I have on my PS3 work fine when I goto use them as theme music for someone but for the life of me I can't figure out how the hell to use them as menu music. Or if that's even possible. Did they leave that custom soundtrack part in on the Jukebox just to torture me?
Old 11-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #123
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexxx
did they really have to add so many hogan attires? he wears the same thing for like 7 wrestlemanias
Lol I've thought that too. I need to look and see if there's a side by side of all the attires somewhere. I'm sure there a differences but I didn't notice any.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #124
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Lol I've thought that too. I need to look and see if there's a side by side of all the attires somewhere. I'm sure there a differences but I didn't notice any.
Well I know two differences for sure WM 4 he's in that totally different red outfit and WM 7 against Slaughter he comes out with an american flag headband.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #125
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
I don't want to be the guy to start that debate, but are the current wrestlers really that bland and boring, or do you just not know enough about them to find them interesting?

That's not a dig, just an honest question. Do you think because the legends from the 80s and 90s were so well known, that it made them seem better or more talented than what they really were?

They definitely were talented and brilliant in some cases, but I think there is a slight 'rose-tinted glasses' element to it, because the current roster is very talented and has some great personalities in it.
I've tried to watch wrestling the last few years and as someone said, it seems too scripted these days. I find the wrestling now having no psychology to it. Guys now can't work a match in the traditional sense where there is a purpose to the moves and what they wanted accomplish. To me being a talented wrestler doesn't mean how many acrobatic moves they can get in.

Now it's just a series of high spots and it almost seems like each wrestler is mentally going through thier own checklist of moves to make sure they perform all thier signature spots every match. One guy will do his 3 or 4 moves, then the other guy does the same and the rest are just frantic reversals. It's all done at a lightening quick pace or a pace that is much faster than it should be after the guys have wrestled for 15-20 minutes and supposedly beat each other down. Maybe it's to cater to the ADD crowd these days that want no slow spots in a match or the structure of the shows which demands constant action. It's like action movies these days, low on plot and character development and high on mindless action and big explosions. Watch HBK, Hart, Flair in his prime, Savage, Steamboat, Austin. They knew how to work a match.

You get these guys going though a longer match and at a time when they should be worn down, they all of a sudden get this enormous amount of energy so they can perform thier set moves to finish off the match. And there's no build up to it, it happens right after they reverse something. The matches feel disjointed and more choreographed. They seem even more fake.

Take for instance Rob Van Dam. The guy seems to be worshipped but he is one of the worst "wrestlers" I have ever seen. A great gymnast but a terrible wrestler. He can't sell or set any pace to a match. He's just killing time until he can perform the same half dozen acrobatic moves to close the match. John Cena is another one. The only one that reminds me of old school guys is CM Punk. Don't really know any of the mid tier guys but from what I have seen, the wrestling again is by the numbers.

Personality wise, again CM Punk has some charisma but guys like Randy Orton and Cena and Lesner don't have that presence like the Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan, HBK, Hart, Rick Rude etc.. all had. And judging by ratings and PPV buys compared to 15 years ago, I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 11-02-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #126
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

If I have to play Rock vs Cena II one more ****ing time, I'm going to snap.

Edit: This match is probably the absolute worst thing ever in a wrestling game. It's to the point when it's just plain ****ing stupid.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by bigbob; 11-02-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #127
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
If I have to play Rock vs Cena II one more ****ing time, I'm going to snap.

Edit: This match is probably the absolute worst thing ever in a wrestling game. It's to the point when it's just plain ****ing stupid.
The match in real life was stupid

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 11-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #128
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I've tried to watch wrestling the last few years and as someone said, it seems too scripted these days. I find the wrestling now having no psychology to it. Guys now can't work a match in the traditional sense where there is a purpose to the moves and what they wanted accomplish. To me being a talented wrestler doesn't mean how many acrobatic moves they can get in.

Now it's just a series of high spots and it almost seems like each wrestler is mentally going through thier own checklist of moves to make sure they perform all thier signature spots every match. One guy will do his 3 or 4 moves, then the other guy does the same and the rest are just frantic reversals. It's all done at a lightening quick pace or a pace that is much faster than it should be after the guys have wrestled for 15-20 minutes and supposedly beat each other down. Maybe it's to cater to the ADD crowd these days that want no slow spots in a match or the structure of the shows which demands constant action. It's like action movies these days, low on plot and character development and high on mindless action and big explosions. Watch HBK, Hart, Flair in his prime, Savage, Steamboat, Austin. They knew how to work a match.

You get these guys going though a longer match and at a time when they should be worn down, they all of a sudden get this enormous amount of energy so they can perform thier set moves to finish off the match. And there's no build up to it, it happens right after they reverse something. The matches feel disjointed and more choreographed. They seem even more fake.

Take for instance Rob Van Dam. The guy seems to be worshipped but he is one of the worst "wrestlers" I have ever seen. A great gymnast but a terrible wrestler. He can't sell or set any pace to a match. He's just killing time until he can perform the same half dozen acrobatic moves to close the match. John Cena is another one. The only one that reminds me of old school guys is CM Punk. Don't really know any of the mid tier guys but from what I have seen, the wrestling again is by the numbers.

Personality wise, again CM Punk has some charisma but guys like Randy Orton and Cena and Lesner don't have that presence like the Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan, HBK, Hart, Rick Rude etc.. all had. And judging by ratings and PPV buys compared to 15 years ago, I'm not the only one who feels that way.
I don't watch wrestling as religiously as I used to. Growing up a fan of the old World Class,Mid-South and NWA promotions, I can't stomach the stuff nowadays. It's to the point where I honestly don't know who half these guys are. I happened to watch a couple of weeks ago and saw Alberto Del Rio parading around with the World title and I'm thinking "that guy is the world heavyweight champion?" I just shook my head and changed the channel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »