Home

NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #145
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Yeah the3 year plan is pretty much a get out of jail free card for them. Atleast that's what they're saying and hoping for. But for a team that hasn't put out a game the past 3 years, IMO they don't have 3 years to build a quality product.
They don't even have 2 years. With all the time they've had off, they should have brought it this year, and brought it hard. If 2K gets out to a major jump on this gen, which I suspect they will, we could see another cancelled 3 year plan.

Rinse, wash, repeat. They're not going to beat 2K in sales anymore, hell, 2K is almost on par with Madden when it comes to sales. EA should have done something revolutionary with 14. Graphics, movement, features, they should have went all out. That's the only way I could realistically see them getting back in this race.

It looks like it might be over before it even begins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #146
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Well what's also going to hurt Live is the other game is a PS4 launch day game and Live doesn't come out until the 19th. This is to bother me, but some will only buy one bball game and the other game has been a solid product for a while

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #147
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Well what's also going to hurt Live is the other game is a PS4 launch day game and Live doesn't come out until the 19th. This is to bother me, but some will only buy one bball game and the other game has been a solid product for a while
Exactly. Why EA didn't bundle this game with the PS4 like they did with FIFA and Madden is beyond me. I got the Madden bundle and now I don't even want the game, but guess what, they made a sale from me.

Peoples sheer curiosity, and others excitement of Live just being back would have sold that particular bundle no doubt.

Last edited by Gosens6; 11-02-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #148
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Exactly. Why EA didn't bundle this game with the PS4 like they did with FIFA and Madden is beyond me. I got the Madden bundle and now I don't even want the game, but guess what, they made a sale from me.

Peoples sheer curiosity, and others excitement of Live just being back would have sold that particular bundle no doubt.

Don't matter bro. .... they got that defense tho

Galaxy Note 2
Old 11-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #149
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Love the responsiveness in control in EA hoops, very important to me.
Oooh... You're going to be piiiiiiissssseed!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #150
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Don't matter bro. .... they got that defense tho

Galaxy Note 2
That defense (if it works properly) might excite a gamer like you and me, but to the typical Live fans, they won't even use those settings or even know how to.

Honestly, i'm not even sure how they're selling and marketing this game to anyone right now. I'm failing to see their plan with this.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #151
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
That defense (if it works properly) might excite a gamer like you and me, but to the typical Live fans, they won't even use those settings or even know how to.

Honestly, i'm not even sure how they're selling and marketing this game to anyone right now. I'm failing to see their plan with this.
He is being sarcastic. And i don't know why they will release the game on the 19th, as well, i agree with you, they are wasting potential sales with this move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #152
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic_BR
He is being sarcastic. And i don't know why they will release the game on the 19th, as well, i agree with you, they are wasting potential sales with this move.
I know he was lol, just gave me a chance to bring up another point. I just don't see who EA is trying to sell this game to.

Obviously that's a rhetorical question, but the marketing for these games has been mind blowingly bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »