Home

Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - The Prototype (QJB)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - The Prototype (QJB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #177
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - The Prototype (QJB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaking252
calm down fellas, in 11 days we will know whats real. My take on it is EA don't see the need to release raw gameplay footage because you will have to actually play the game to feel the difference and if they did release the raw footage you guys would be bashing madden even worse, so I don't really blame them for not putting that footage out there. I actually think they gameplay for this transition is to undersell and over deliver, atleast that's what im hoping. Im getting the PS4 with 2k so im gonna just wait and see what the reviews both public and OS are before I get Madden tho
That's honestly what I'm hoping for but in that case I hope they at least give a demo so we can feel it for ourselves. God knows I'm not gonna drop 65 bones without seeing some kind of a gameplay first.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #178
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

I understand many of you are frustrated with EA, and it is understandable. But lets leave JP out of this and not take out our frustration on him. If it weren't for JP, we wouldn't even have all of the Madden information to even talk about. Most of the Madden news is posted by him. I don't know about you but I rather have the Madden news than not have it at all leading up to the release. The guy wants what we all want, hope for the future of Madden! Nothing wrong with that. Despite the information about living worlds and other features that are being completely bashed, I will reserve my final judgement to when I actually have the game in hand.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #179
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
I understand many of you are frustrated with EA, and it is understandable. But lets leave JP out of this and not take out our frustration on him. If it weren't for JP, we wouldn't even have all of the Madden information to even talk about. Most of the Madden news is posted by him. I don't know about you but I rather have the Madden news than not have it at all leading up to the release. The guy wants what we all want, hope for the future of Madden! Nothing wrong with that. Despite the information about living worlds and other features that are being completely bashed, I will reserve my final judgement to when I actually have the game in hand.
Wait. That's wrong. First, people voice their disappointment and/or frustration with where they feel Madden is going (or not going in some cases). This is when JP jumps in to tell them that they shouldn't feel the way they feel. THAT is when JP bares the brunt of the backlash. He should just let folks vent and leave it alone. They already get what they feel is a "sales job" from EA. Why get it from one of their own? Folks resent that.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #180
Rookie

"This looks disappointing" ... "I'm still going to buy it"

Hilarious. What incentive does EA have to change if people still buy their crappy product? NONE.

Learn how capitalism works. Vote with your wallet. At worst, buy the game used.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #181
Pro

OVR: 4

Sorry if this has been posted before here or on another thread, but this literally killed any glimmer of hope I had for Madden in the upcoming years...

Look at this nugget of twitter conversation between our boy jp and kane (equipmentguru)

1. Josh@jpdavis1982 19 Oct
    @Equipment_Guru Gotcha. Are all the helmets and jerseys fixed on next gen to your satisfaction or still some issues?

2. @jpdavis1982 still issues of course I just didnt have enough time but theyre better

3. Josh@jpdavis1982 19 Oct
    @Equipment_Guru that's good, did the Vikings numbers get fixed? Dolphins still have blue socks? Bills blue jersey and pants color fixed

4. @jpdavis1982 we don't have the tech for the vikes numbers

5. @Equipment_Guru Will you be able to get it in the future? I'd think with next gen tech you could do it eventually

6. Dustin Smith@Equipment_Guru 19 Oct
    @jpdavis1982 not in my hands but I sure hope so

THEY DON'T HAVE THE "TECHNOLOGY" FOR THE VIKINGS NUMBERS FONT!!!!!!!!!
Just think about that statement for a couple of seconds... and can a nice gentleman on the forums please find the appropriate WTF gif for said statement?

What type of high end tech could be needed to get a font right???... Heck, imagine if you were to play NBA 2K14 with the Heat and their jerseys had the team name in TimesNewRoman font!!!!! SMH!

Point being.... they HOPE to be able to get the tech to get uniforms right in the future, but somehow we're supposed to believe they'll develop the tech to have realistic player movement or even better player models.

By the way, this is not a personal attack at either jp or kane.. it just goes to show how long this game has to go. It is a minor detail (uniform font) but if such minor thing takes more than one cycle to get right, imagine how long it will take for the real root issues with the game to be fixed/added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #182
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
THEY DON'T HAVE THE "TECHNOLOGY" FOR THE VIKINGS NUMBERS FONT!!!!!!!!!
Just think about that statement for a couple of seconds... and can a nice gentleman on the forums please find the appropriate WTF gif for said statement?
Fonts are more complex than most people think - but I have to admit that I AM surprised by this. EA has been one of the best in these terms. I'm floored, actually.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #183
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Fonts are more complex than most people think - but I have to admit that I AM surprised by this. EA has been one of the best in these terms. I'm floored, actually.
I see people say EA is usually good with that stuff. I don't get it. There are so many mistakes with uniforms and accessories in what way are they good? I mean they can't even give us mouthpieces...
Old 11-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #184
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
And I posted that just to go back to my original point... the answer to why we don't get those things can't be "we're focusing on gameplay first"... they have different departments/budgets...

I honestly have no idea what they use their time & resources on... Jp even asked if they got all helmets/uniforms issues right and the answer was... there wasn't time to get all of them.

Like WTF?!?!? I look forward to getting accurate uniforms/equipment by Madden 25, as in the year 2025

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »