Home

NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Review (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Review (IGN) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #137
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Review (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Lol @ you thinking because they're IGN their score holds any more weight than anyone else's...they didn't go to reviewer school and earn a degree....they play videogames and have an opinion like everyone else...

Your too focused on outing some kind of bias in this thread to realize that hardly anyone. one is disagreeing with his flaws...
didn't say that did I? All I see is ppl whining that the game didn't get a better score then the current gen title. Even though core game play is still the same with same issues as current gen, and the game was suppose to be built from the ground up. I bet this game still has tendency and all the same issues as current gen. Just look at the GM mode and look at the roster section in the video. Why is Shannon Brown a -8 is he pissed off because he isn't a 6th man or starter? he sure isn't hurt because it doesn't say he is.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #138
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Honestly how much more different could it have been. We got better graphics, better movement, more in depth modes, I mean it sounds incredible to me.
I can't speak for everyone, but for me I expected to be a video game but more natural realistic movements. I expected along those lines. Similar to NBA LIVE 14's tech demo at e3, but that being integrated in 5 on 5 settings. I had unrealistic high expectations so when I saw the actual gameplay release trailer, I saw iggy and Davis and their reactions, I thought were human like.(also, at the time, I thought they were signature celebrations which doesn't seem to be the case..I don't think)I was slightly disappointed but still very excited about the game. Since it was a BOGO sale, it was a no brainer to get it. Nothing wrong with being slightly disappointed. It isn't the end of the world and I'm not crapping on the devs or the team that worked on this game. Its a solid job.

I just really hate when my comments are taken out of context. If I disagree with the majority, then I'm trolling or I'm a ***** or so forth. Far from the truth. I enjoy this series. I'm not an annual adopter. so you could imagine the hype I had for this game.

My levels have been brought down to earth and I can enjoy the game which I know I will log heavy hours on.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #139
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

hmmm CG has more cameramen than NG....

IGN usually posts some of those gameplay footage later on....
Old 11-12-2013, 01:26 AM   #140
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Who is #8 for the Lakers...that looks like lamar odom
Old 11-12-2013, 01:27 AM   #141
MVP

OVR: 10

Watching that video did bring up a glaring issue for me:

I have no idea what team to pick for MyGM mode. Thinking of Pacers, Blazers, Pelicans, Bulls, Kings, Nuggets, Warriors...oh lawd have mercy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 01:27 AM   #142
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
hmmm CG has more cameramen than NG....

IGN usually posts some of those gameplay footage later on....
That's one thing I was hoping was from an early build or something.

But looks like they won't be present.

Makes me wonder if they were left out intentionally or if it was a matter of not having time to get proper/different animations for falling out of bounds.

Then again, I know nothing about that stuff, haha.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #143
Rookie

TerminallyOdd's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm not sure how people can complain about animation in this, or any recent NBA 2K game really. They're on the forefront of animation when compared to other sports games, namely anything by EA.

Also, we've been seeing videos of this game capped at 30 fps. Animations are bound to look better in the actual, 60 fps product.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #144
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I wish this was still a thing....

The hardware has finally caught up to Carlos Boozer's hair game. We can get this in all it's glory now. I don't want to be robbed of this dammit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »