Home

NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Review (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Review (IGN) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #145
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Review (IGN)

Some of ya'll take this 2k ish way too serious, it's a $60 VIDEO GAME that looks amazing and i'm not just talking graphically. If you want a perfect basketball game, go outside, grab a ball and play basketball. smh some of ya'll take nitpicking to whole other level on this site. How long have ya'll been playing video games? you do realize no game is or will be perfect right?!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 2

That behind the backboard fadeaway by LaMarcus at 1:08 drove me crazy.

I'm not really disappointed, I was just hoping the game would be a lot "smarter"

Seeing that play kind solidifies that some of the things I hated about the gameplay are still there.

Might have expected too much. The improvements to the modes look amazing though.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #147
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I can't speak for everyone, but for me I expected to be a video game but more natural realistic movements. I expected along those lines. Similar to NBA LIVE 14's tech demo at e3, but that being integrated in 5 on 5 settings. I had unrealistic high expectations so when I saw the actual gameplay release trailer, I saw iggy and Davis and their reactions, I thought were human like.(also, at the time, I thought they were signature celebrations which doesn't seem to be the case..I don't think)I was slightly disappointed but still very excited about the game. Since it was a BOGO sale, it was a no brainer to get it. Nothing wrong with being slightly disappointed. It isn't the end of the world and I'm not crapping on the devs or the team that worked on this game. Its a solid job.

I just really hate when my comments are taken out of context. If I disagree with the majority, then I'm trolling or I'm a ***** or so forth. Far from the truth. I enjoy this series. I'm not an annual adopter. so you could imagine the hype I had for this game.

My levels have been brought down to earth and I can enjoy the game which I know I will log heavy hours on.
That's just the thing I think there might be alot of animations that we've never seen before that may add to the immersion. Like look at the way Kobe brushes dudes arm off him before he drives at 1:44, I have a feeling there are more of these "hidden gems" that we haven't seen yet that can add to that wow factor.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Who is #8 for the Lakers...that looks like lamar odom
It probably was. Must have been a MyGM trade. I think I saw Lin too.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 AM   #149
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminallyOdd
I'm not sure how people can complain about animation in this, or any recent NBA 2K game really. They're on the forefront of animation when compared to other sports games, namely anything by EA.

Also, we've been seeing videos of this game capped at 30 fps. Animations are bound to look better in the actual, 60 fps product.
That play of Wade driving and falling to the floor looked very awesome...wish the IGN screen/graphic in the foreground was removed to see it clearer.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 AM   #150
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmitty
That behind the backboard fadeaway by LaMarcus at 1:08 drove me crazy.
That happens in CG too, which is just painful to see. I really hope this is patched for both systems.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 AM   #151
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
Some of ya'll take this 2k ish way too serious, it's a $60 VIDEO GAME that looks amazing and i'm not just talking graphically. If you want a perfect basketball game, go outside, grab a ball and play basketball. smh some of ya'll take nitpicking to whole other level on this site. How long have ya'll been playing video games? you do realize no game is or will be perfect right?!
I think it is you that is taking the criticism way too seriously. A suggestion is a suggestion. It will not break or make a persons purchase, especially if its minor. Its just a suggestion for the little things. Go to GTA V and you'll know the small little things that make the game great. Is it wrong to ask for a thing? Hell no. Is it wrong to bash a game because it doesn't have the suggestion that They want? YES!

Jeez.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #152
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
That's just the thing I think there might be alot of animations that we've never seen before that may add to the immersion. Like look at the way Kobe brushes dudes arm off him before he drives at 1:44, I have a feeling there are more of these "hidden gems" that we haven't seen yet that can add to that wow factor.
True. Its only the first year. So its a great foundation and I loved that. Playing this game at 60fps is going to be sweet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »