Home

Top Five Stories of 2013: The End of Microsoft Baseball (For Now)

This is a discussion on Top Five Stories of 2013: The End of Microsoft Baseball (For Now) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Five Stories of 2013: The End of Microsoft Baseball (For Now)

Major League Baseball 2K13 was the last baseball game on Microsoft consoles, for now.

As I mentioned in my review of the PS4, baseball games have always played a large part in my console purchasing decisions; World Series Baseball on the Xbox was the very definition of a "console-seller" for me.

So there's a certain tragedy as we head into 2014 with no sign of baseball on the Xbox One, and no baseball titles other than Sony's own MLB 14: The Show on PS4. The once full field of baseball titles from, say, 2004 (World Series, All-Star, MVP, High Heat, Slugfest) has dwindled to one.

Read More - Top Five Stories of 2013: The End of Microsoft Baseball (For Now)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
I loved MLB 2k13. Felt really free, like it wasn't on tracks. Previous to that I had either 2k9 or 10. Can't remember which. That was one of the worst games I've ever played in my life. I own a PS3 so I'm okay for a new baseball game still but man the presentation in those 2k games is what I hope for in all sports games.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Rookie

radney's Arena

OVR: 0
The Show was miles above 2K but the fun factor, for me, existed in 2K. While I'm hoping we see a baseball title hopefully in the future soon, I'll get the Show for the PS3. I have the Xbox One where I play most of my titles, I couldn't see myself buying a PS4 just to play baseball. So until then, I have the PS3 to keep it going but I'm hoping for a baseball title for the Xbox One.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
The Show is the best sports series made and the spiritual successor to High Heat. PS3 has enjoyed three great baseball games recently with The Show and both of the Pro Y games out of Japan. MLB 2K14 wasn't horrible. I loved the audio, but compared to the other three games on playstation, it clearly fell behind from a lack of resources.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
Never played The Show franchise but from everyone's opinions it's a great franchise, so I won't worry that much. As long as their game for 2014 is a hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
Just started!

What 2k doesn't understand though is that we do want a baseball game and would be willing to buy it. It's just not worth what they've been putting out.

I really hope EA steps up, or Konami brings over their baseball game with the MLB license added in.

I really can't believe the state of sports games now. This is the future, things are supposed to be better.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum
What 2k doesn't understand though is that we do want a baseball game and would be willing to buy it. It's just not worth what they've been putting out.

I really hope EA steps up, or Konami brings over their baseball game with the MLB license added in.

I really can't believe the state of sports games now. This is the future, things are supposed to be better.
so true - in some ways sports games are better then I ever imagined, but in many ways they have not only not made progress but have digressed. I blame exclusive licenses, competition tends to make for better games.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
Banned

my friend's aunt makes $88 every hour on the computer. She has been out of a job for nine months but last month her pay was $13254 just working on the computer for a few hours. why not try here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bay95.COM

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »