Home

NBA Live 14 Currently on Sale For $39.99

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Currently on Sale For $39.99 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
the game initially was horrible in my opinion, but it has definitely grown on me after playing it for a while... Its controls are a lot easier to use than the other company where you need to be a rocket scientist to pull of a move.. Once they get the animations looking better it will be that much better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Currently on Sale For $39.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodtooreal
the game initially was horrible in my opinion, but it has definitely grown on me after playing it for a while... Its controls are a lot easier to use than the other company where you need to be a rocket scientist to pull of a move.. Once they get the animations looking better it will be that much better
I agree with you in that my initial impression and my present one are worlds apart. So, for the most part I follow you, with one slight exception... I find the controls for LIVE hard to master . I guess it's really a matter of what you've grown accustomed to.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
I agree with you in that my initial impression and my present one are worlds apart. So, for the most part I follow you, with one slight exception... I find the controls for LIVE hard to master . I guess it's really a matter of what you've grown accustomed to.
I just feel pulling off spin move lay ups, euro steps, step backs, and hop steps are easier with buttons that the stick
Old 12-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodtooreal
I just feel pulling off spin move lay ups, euro steps, step backs, and hop steps are easier with buttons that the stick

How the heck do you do the spin move layup/shot? I read the directions. It isn't clicking for me.
Even the euro step I do without flicking the control stick as they suggest. Every time I try the spin shot I just euro.

(Don't mean to derail the thread, but controls were mentioned).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Old 12-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #29
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

You just hit the Triangle/Y button once, and while you're still holding that button, quickly rotate the left stick half a circle. It takes some getting use to, but once you realize when and where to use it, it comes pretty second nature.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You just hit the Triangle/Y button once, and while you're still holding that button, quickly rotate the left stick half a circle. It takes some getting use to, but once you realize when and where to use it, it comes pretty second nature.
the spin lay up is highly affective once you figure out how to do it. like he said tap Y/ttriangle while rotating the stick in a half circle and there it is
Old 12-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5
NBA Live 14 Currently on Sale For $39.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Thank you. I can do it on command now with these instructions. I misread the others. It said something about a double tap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Last edited by shegotgame; 12-31-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #32
Banned

i sold this game during the first week of release but brought it again 3 week ago for 40 at gamestop due to the fact that the update gave this game a major improvement comparing to the first day of release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »