Home

Top Five Stories of 2013: The End of Microsoft Baseball (For Now)

This is a discussion on Top Five Stories of 2013: The End of Microsoft Baseball (For Now) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Top Five Stories of 2013: The End of Microsoft Baseball (For Now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum
What 2k doesn't understand though is that we do want a baseball game and would be willing to buy it. It's just not worth what they've been putting out.

I really hope EA steps up, or Konami brings over their baseball game with the MLB license added in.

I really can't believe the state of sports games now. This is the future, things are supposed to be better.
The problem is, so many people value graphics over gameplay. I get why some people do not enjoy 2K13, but it was fun to play, and produced darn realistic results. I've never played another baseball game in which pitch counts were both realistic, and the need to work the counts mattered so much.

It's easily my favorite all-time baseball game, eclipsing both High Heat and MVP 05.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #10
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3
Solid, if not stellar franchise?! The Show was the pinnacle of sim sports for a period on the ps3. Nothing came close to touching it.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Doc024
Solid, if not stellar franchise?! The Show was the pinnacle of sim sports for a period on the ps3. Nothing came close to touching it.
That really depends on how much you value graphics over gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #12
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancell
my friend's aunt makes $88 every hour on the computer. She has been out of a job for nine months but last month her pay was $13254 just working on the computer for a few hours. why not try here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bay95.COM
If this is true why aren't you doing the same job rather than coming into forums trying to make money thru spamming?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
I hope that PY Baseball Spirits 2014 will be available for PS4. So far I haven't been able to find any news about it and it usually comes out in March.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by radney
The Show was miles above 2K but the fun factor, for me, existed in 2K. While I'm hoping we see a baseball title hopefully in the future soon, I'll get the Show for the PS3. I have the Xbox One where I play most of my titles, I couldn't see myself buying a PS4 just to play baseball. So until then, I have the PS3 to keep it going but I'm hoping for a baseball title for the Xbox One.
Agreed. I own MLB13 and that game just oozes baseball. It does so many things well.
Saying that, I have way more fun playing 2K baseball.
Analog pitching is terrific and Hitters Eye really helps separate elite hitters from poor ones.
And that's not even mentioning the excellent presentation.

I'm really bummed there won't be 2K14 this year.
Growing up my brothers and I would purchase a baseball game every year. Sometimes two. There were so many choices.
Remember Bad News Baseball? It was kind of kiddie in it's appearance (there was a rabbit for an umpire), but the game was very deep. Every player was rated in every defensive position.
I remember one game where my starting SS got hurt so I had to put in the next best thing - a 'C' rated SS. He committed several errors. It was awesome having to deal with that all while praying my starting SS got healthy, and quick.
2K has that too, with all players rated in every defensive position. It helps add a level of strategy when you start getting into injury problems.

Anyway, it's pretty sad there's only 1 choice now.
I may re-buy 2K, update the rosters and just have fun with that until another game emerges (hopefully in 2015).

It's not that I dislike The Show. It does a lot of things really well.
But I know I'm going to miss my analog pitching, Batters Eye and different defensive ratings for every player.
2K wasn't close to being perfect, but what it did right, it did extremely well.

P.S. Off-topic, but anyone remember "Star League Baseball" for the C-64? That was another great game.
Loved the different perspective.

Last edited by Money99; 01-02-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 18

mkharsh is updating 12. The guys have been working on attributes for that game too. You might want to check it out if you have a 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
mkharsh is updating 12. The guys have been working on attributes for that game too. You might want to check it out if you have a 360.
My kids are hogging my 360 now, forcing me to use the PS3 as my main console, haha.
I've heard and read that the edits and sliders (anticipation, etc) really make 2K12 shine.

I may have to go that route. I think I'd be happy with the PS3 version of 2K13 though.
Too bad the rosters can't be edited like on the 360 version, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »