Home

More Details Emerge About The Golf Club

This is a discussion on More Details Emerge About The Golf Club within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #33
G* H*gs G*!!

TheTruth's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: More Details Emerge About The Golf Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Yes, and thanks for pulling that into this discussion Skyboxer. The above says a lot about how they've weighed variables that really matter into the swing interface, for all types of shots and lies. It's going to make me think harder about trying to keep my ball in the fairway!
And this...

3) Will the ball be effected by spin/physics, wedges have back spin, draws and slices, etc? Can you hit shots with more or less spin?

Anthony Kyne HB:
3) Yes, we have all that in the game. We have a very unique grid/crosshair system that combines stance and club face giving you full control over the ball. The more it veers away from a normal shot the more accurate you need to be with your swing
Old 01-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #34
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Well, I just read the first negative on there forums, IMO.

You can not have multiple pin placements on a course. The had it in and it was causing issues with there ghost ball feature so it is out right now. They are looking to add it in the future though.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #35
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017

You can not have multiple pin placements on a course. The had it in and it was causing issues with there ghost ball feature so it is out right now. They are looking to add it in the future though.
I completely agree. This is big part of the immersion factor. I hope they can find a resolution. A hole can play completely differently just from pin placement alone.

I'm excited about what I've heard so far though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #36
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Yep, that is a major buzz-kill, but it's something I think they can fix in the future... maybe even during the beta.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 01-24-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #37
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
It may be that, if I understand the ghost ball feature correctly, if that refers to asymmetric play with someone else, if you are somehow off-time from each other and the pin placement changes, the ghost ball may react to a previous pin placement while you're playing a current pin placement, or something to that effect...I don't know if that even makes any sense, but either way I hope they can fix it in the future.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #38
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm jazzed for this title. It will be very complimentary to my TW14 game because its focus is different.

As long as the swing/gameplay is solid (no reason it shouldn't be...no suits in there telling the devs 'It's not arcade enough!'), this will become course-designing crack, at least for me. After watching the vid in the other thread, I saw days and months that will be lost to this game flash before my eyes.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #39
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I hope it's difficult to swing but if it's a straight up and down motion then you are going to get guys who shoot ridiculous scores almost from the get go because every shot will be perfectly straight. That's fine but this game is heavily dependent on online play so you would hope they have devised some method to limit the cheezers.
No matter what control scheme there will be those that find a way to manipulate it and shoot ridiculous scores.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #40
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

We got some relief on this today it seems... a couple of developers have confirmed that the way to have multiple pin settings for a course is to, in essence, create four unique courses. Creating them would entail nothing more that copying or editing your original course, changing only the pin settings, and giving the course a new name. For example, if you created Doflotchy CC, you could name the original course - "Doflotchy CC - R1. Load it back up, edit the pins to what you'd want for round 2, and save the course as "Doflotchy CC - R2", and down the line.

You could then create a 72 hole tournament, play the first round at Doflotchy CC -R1, round 2 at Doflotchy CC - R2, etc. This can work because the devs have confirmed that you can have a 72 hole tournament, and use a different course for each round. Here, you'd be using a different course in name only, but it would still be the same track. I find this to be a tenable solution. Yes, it will make for a lot of course names, but if we followed the convention of keeping the root name, changing only the "R" (round) variable, it would make things readable. It would also tell the prospective player which pin settings you consider your "Sunday" settings, and so on.

How does this sit with you guys? Are there problems with this that I'm not seeing?

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 01-25-2014 at 01:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »