Home

More Details Emerge About The Golf Club

This is a discussion on More Details Emerge About The Golf Club within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #41
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: More Details Emerge About The Golf Club

Sounds great to me.

Especially that I can have a tree grow in the middle of the 18th fairway between rounds 3 and 4

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2014, 01:13 AM   #42
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
More Details Emerge About The Golf Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
We got some relief on this today it seems...

How does this sit with you guys? Are there problems with this that I'm not seeing?

I just saw the dev's responses, they were in the thread were I made my first post. Sounds like a reasonable solution to me. I love the interaction and openness from the developers on their forum, it's refreshing.

It's amazing how quick I went from not expecting a golf game this year to being more excited for a golf game then I've been in a long time.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:35 AM   #43
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

It's always refreshing to have developers listen and see what we want, instead of telling us what we want.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
It's always refreshing to have developers listen and see what we want, instead of telling us what we want.
Sigworthy statement.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #45
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

It looks pretty and the course creator and tours could drive a community around this game. However, count me among those that are less than optimistic about this game due to the lack of knowledge about how difficult it will be to put drives down the middle every time. I find mouse/stick swings to be the worst thing to happen to online golf games due to the opportunity for abuse and if this game is yet another relying on an analog system, well, it is hard to know what to expect. Maybe this devs catch lightning in a bottle but reliance on a mouse/stick swing is just terrible news for what otherwise appears to be something special.

And, looking at those videos, there are a lot of straight-ish looking tee shots and approaches. I realize those are basically ads for the game, but for like the millionth time on these forums: professional golfers do not hit the ball straight very often. They bend it a lot, but intentionally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
It looks pretty and the course creator and tours could drive a community around this game. However, count me among those that are less than optimistic about this game due to the lack of knowledge about how difficult it will be to put drives down the middle every time. I find mouse/stick swings to be the worst thing to happen to online golf games due to the opportunity for abuse and if this game is yet another relying on an analog system, well, it is hard to know what to expect. Maybe this devs catch lightning in a bottle but reliance on a mouse/stick swing is just terrible news for what otherwise appears to be something special.

And, looking at those videos, there are a lot of straight-ish looking tee shots and approaches. I realize those are basically ads for the game, but for like the millionth time on these forums: professional golfers do not hit the ball straight very often. They bend it a lot, but intentionally.
That's my concern. I really don't hear much about the difficulty or pure sim aspects of the game. More like you can play infinite courses so you can play online for a long time. Not really if everyone is shooting -20. We had 50 courses in TW14. Lack of variety in courses was not a problem. This game may be great for those who don't want a pure sim experience and just want to have fun online with a new golf game but I'd be shocked if there is enough to this game depth wise to satisfy the sim golfer and makes us feel engaged while we play (ie: steller presentation that's always been lacking with the TW series).

It seems with this board if you don't get all giddy with a new game then people get offended when you have some valid concerns. It's like if you're not drinking the Kool-aid immediately then you're a troll.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #47
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

I am excited about what I've seen, but the difficulty of the game concerns me as well. There are no sliders to make things more difficult for those that prefer a harder experience.

While the course tutorial was great, the developer hit basically the same shot over and over again on the par 3 hole. Very straight but slightly long.

I know it is tough for developers because if you make the game too difficult people will be turned off. It seems even developers of MLB the Show realized this in the past year. They made the game more accessible by opening up the timing window and making the game easier for beginners.

I have visions of people shooting 20 under on some of these generated courses, and the only way to combat it is going to create unrealistic courses that are sort of on 'steriods'. I really hope that's not the case because what we've seen so far looks awesome.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 18

You don't want the developers making scoring difficult by placing pins in impossible locations Nor do you want them making fairways that play like Mario Golf. If they don't have a way to increase the difficulty by making the analog swing more or less sensitive then the only way it could be done would be to add in the old 3 click swing system where difficulty could be increased by a smaller hitting area or an increased swing speed meter.

The game looks promising but I wouldn't want a game that I could shoot 60.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »