Home

NBA 2K14: Six Teams for MyGM

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Six Teams for MyGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K14: Six Teams for MyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek
Just started one with Milwaukee. They have a couple of bad contracts, and no real "superstar." Thinking the best way to attack it is to offload what expendable assets there are (Mayo, Butler & Ilyasova) to try and get some picks.
Noooo don't trade Mayo. His mid range game is legit (I've played a bit with this team). I would keep Knight as well. Everyone else is expendable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmax57
The trade logic in 2k makes it possible to make any team a contender. I had a Pistons MyGM and teams kept offering me 1st round picks for Chauncey Billups. Actual NBA teams only trade 1st round picks for premium talent (except maybe for the Knicks and Nets). Unfortunately, you have to play with house rules to make MyGM a challenge.
I have yet to encounter a sports game where house rules aren't necessary so that's a given. I always slant the trade to the cpu advantage.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRebs
How about the Suns? Build the team around Len and Bledsoe?
Bledsoe yes. Len - not so much.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #20
Rookie

JAGGER6223's Arena

OVR: 0
What about Denver trying to be a Western Conference powerhouse but lacks the star power, they have grreat talent with 13 of the 15 under the age of 30
Old 01-30-2014, 04:08 PM   #21
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
I so want to do a Charlotte MyGM, but after year one they would still be the Bobcats and there's not even a way to wear throwbacks to at least have some of the Hornets motif around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 10:05 AM   #22
Just started!

I played as the Lakers and won 32 games season 1, but tanked and traded anything I could for first round picks. Had a great draft with 3 top 20 picks. I then ended up being able to trade Kobe and 2 of those picks to OKC for Durant with one of the GM special moves (I think it was player pump up). Not realistic at all, but I just had to do it.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:02 PM   #23
Just started!

I started one with the Kings.... Came straight out the gate moving pieces... I gave away draft picks that weren't gonna be anything cuz I'm gonna win... No lottery picks for me... I have Eric Bledsoe, Klay Thompson, Rudy Gay, Gallinari, and Cousins.... My bench is so so... Trade finder works wonders...
Old 01-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #24
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

I did a MyGM with the Bucks a while ago. Traded Mayo and I think Sanders to the Jazz for their 1st round pick. Anyway, during the draft I landed the #1 and #3 picks. I then traded my #3 pick and Giannis for the #2 pick. I ended up drafting both Wiggins and Parker. A few years later I acquired Rubio via trade (can't remember what for) and Shumpert for Ilyasova and other assets. Fast forward to the year 2020 and my core of Rubio, Shumpert, Parker, Wiggins, Henson and a generic player drafted #3 in the 2015 draft have won 3 straight NBA titles.

By the way, I didn't play any games- just simulated them all whilst only doing GM duties as well as assigning player rotations/minutes as I don't like the way the CPU does it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »