Home

Madden NFL 25 Title Update #3 Details, Available Now For PS4 and Xbox One

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Title Update #3 Details, Available Now For PS4 and Xbox One within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #57
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 25 Title Update #3 Details, Available Now For PS4 and Xbox One

I was disheartened a little after reading the notes for this patch -- especially the gameplay notes -- but after playing a few games I'm noticing some improvements that weren't noted. My big gripe was the run defense: the lack of an edge being set, and the linemen pretty much being bystanders, and the safeties playing inconsistently on those plays, so I took the Falcons who were one of the worst run defenses in the NFL last year and played a few games against the Titans (default All-Madden), who have been gashing me consistently after the last patch.

Things are still far from perfect but I'm seeing defensive ends and linebackers take on blocks with their outside arms free when pursuing stretch and blast plays with a lot more consistency. Now this would happen from time to time after the last patch, but it was completely random and would happen maybe once or twice a game.

I still see some strange things in pursuit from the corners (mainly the Nickel), but the safeties come down and play the sweeps a lot better than before. And the secondary players, namely the corners, are getting off blocks better and aren't being shoved to the ground nearly as much,

There was also another issue in the run defense where on counter plays the linebackers instantly take these huge false steps at the snap, even before you can take control and essentially take themselves out of the play, leaving a huge hole on the backside. Well, the linebackers still take themselves out of the play, but the defensive end on that side -- who sometimes would be completely free plays that play a lot better -- either squeezing down on the hole and forcing the play up the middle, or by making the tackle himself, and the safeties play the alley better.

Play against the Power O still leaves a lot to be desired, and I haven't played against the Texans yet with Arian Foster who consistenly bounced everything outside against me post the last patch.

Corners still look lost against the hook in Cover 3 and tight end coverage man to man is still lacking from what I've seen, but I at least feel like I'm competitive against the run again.

I still haven't gone online to see what's really good, but that's what I'm seeing so far.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 02-06-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #58
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7

Thing I'm disappointed with now is the fact I downloaded a great Draft Roster and put the rookies on the teams that Kiper believes they will go and the announcers don't say their names, just QB 5 or RB 34 as examples. I remember in past versions they had names in the game memory! Very Sad
Old 02-06-2014, 10:41 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I've always kind of wondered if changing the sliders somehow unbalances the game, and I'm wondering that again now.

Reading this thread, the general opinion seems to be there aren't enough swatted passes or dropped passes, but that hasn't been the case for me. And I'm wondering if that's because I'm on default.

Playing default All-Pro before the latest patch, I saw plenty of swatted balls and had plenty of WR drops when they got blasted (and sometimes when they didn't). There were a fair amount of interceptions for both me and the cpu.

I started a Play Now game a little while ago post-patch. In the first quarter, I saw three swatted passes and Demaryious Thomas had two drops when he got hit.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:34 PM   #60
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Can we also fix the pursuit angles? I mean outside runs are ridiculous.. When a lb or safety stops and just let's the dude go by him something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I've always kind of wondered if changing the sliders somehow unbalances the game, and I'm wondering that again now.

Reading this thread, the general opinion seems to be there aren't enough swatted passes or dropped passes, but that hasn't been the case for me. And I'm wondering if that's because I'm on default.

Playing default All-Pro before the latest patch, I saw plenty of swatted balls and had plenty of WR drops when they got blasted (and sometimes when they didn't). There were a fair amount of interceptions for both me and the cpu.

I started a Play Now game a little while ago post-patch. In the first quarter, I saw three swatted passes and Demaryious Thomas had two drops when he got hit.
Same here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 12:06 AM   #62
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm pretty much done with this game. I'm very disappointed. Year after year it happens. Feels like they try to make the game playable only AFTER the season is over. But even then, they don't really address the issues that are important like ASSISTED TACKLES.

Out of how many years they say they would fix it but they never do. I bought Madden 25 for the PS3 in good faith and really fought myself buying into Madden 25 for PS4, which was the only reason why I got it at launch.

I also found the fact that if you input sliders within your "franchise" mode, it causes a glitch with INTS and Sacks, not being recorded fully. It's a shame we have to be the QA for these people.

I'm just simply done with it. I'm sorry to rant, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #63
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 25 Patch Released (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
We should have the list of notes up shortly. I'll post a link in here once it's up.

Thanks guys!
Game has been out for 3months and with all the promises you guys gave us that it would have all the same features as PS3 version (and we both know this was a lie) and this is the crap you give us for patch #3? You guys have truly become a joke!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:51 AM   #64
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Still no fix for assisted tackles...wrong team celebrating in the Superbowl...too many INTS and Fumbles...commentators welcoming you to Candlestick park when it's Levi's stadium...no horn sound at Levi's stadium when 49ers score...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »