Home

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next-Gen

This is a discussion on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next-Gen within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #81
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next

I'd pay $60 DLC just for all national teams
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I'd pay $60 DLC just for all national teams
If they included a tournament I'd be down for some DLC.

I just have a hard time believing they are just going to ignore the PS4 and XBOne all together. It's very un-EA like. Who knows maybe they're tired of taking shots for their subpar efforts, and have decided to ramp up the quality standards.

But yeah, all the national teams and a rudimentary tournament mode would make for some fine DLC. It's once every four years man! Can't just let it slide.

In reality though, they probably considered all this already.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

I sold my PS3 and have a PS4...was really looking forward to the World Cup game as the tournament is getting closer. They release a game like NBA Live which is laughable, but cannot get a World Cup game out? There's a world cup every 4 years and really wanted to play it on the PS4.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #84
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Still playing PS3, no complaints from me.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:01 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 3

Shoot for PS4 I'd even take knockout phase tournament DLC with no new teams added.

Something.

There's got to be a point where risk is reduced to the point of it being worth the potential reward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 01:28 AM   #86
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I wonder how long they will support it? I tried to play FIFA World Cup 2010: South Africa on the 360 and the disc won't play. After googling why it wouldn't work, it appears it's a known problem and they don't care to fix it. Being too casual of a fan to get the annual FIFA title, getting a World Cup edition would be perfect. But after wasting my money on the last game, I think I'll pass.
One of my favorite games ever was FIFA RTWC 98. I didn't buy FIFA WC '02 but I grabbed WC '06. Loved that as well. Then came the disappointment with WC 2010. The tournament system in that game was filled with bugs and you couldn't start the qualification of a team from the earliest stages. EA never cared to fix any of that. That game lasted maybe a week or two with me. Between that and the debt glitch of FIFA 10, I was done with their FIFA series. Yet here we are in 2014 with another WC game with what they say is choose any team and apparently full qualification stages and I'm tempted to buy it. All because I want to recapture the fun I had with '98 and '06.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:30 AM   #87
MVP

OVR: 14

Hugely disappointed with this news, I was really looking forward to the fanfare and presentation of a World Cup game on next gen particularly combining Brazil with their "Living Crowds" feature or whatever its called, but now I think I'm leaning towards not buying the current gen version at all.

Lame reasoning too...a lack of install base didn't affect their decision to make a next gen FIFA 14 at launch. I'm sure FIFA has a wider reach than the World Cup title, but there's plenty of bandwagon soccer fans out there who only follow the World Cup itself and would buy the game just for that...maybe even the console if there's a bundle made.

The real reason is to make it available through Ultimate Team only on next gen though, wouldn't be shocked if it's for a premium too.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #88
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Consumers can smell when a company is just in it for the money. Nothing wrong with Profits, but when it's your ONLY goal, it actually hurts sales. Gamers know when you just don't care about them.

Instead EA should try a novel idea: give consumers what they want instead of dictating to them. In other words, listen to the gamers. Your sales will increase over time. Don`t just look at short term profits. It hurts you in the long term. Gamers can smell exploitation, and passionless money grubbing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »