Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #105
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
I wonder if they are done patching, I know it's pretty ridiculous to say that when they just released this today, but it wouldn't hurt to try and fix a couple of these core game issues before the next installment.

Basically the Bugs/Glitches thread was a bunch of wasted typing....and no matter how much any of us love the game, it's not something the community should stand for...

This random directional passing is nuts! What is this mess? I can't be the only one experiencing that...I am trying to kick the ball out and O am throwing the ball the complete opposite direction!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Basically the Bugs/Glitches thread was a bunch of wasted typing....and no matter how much any of us love the game, it's not something the community should stand for...

This random directional passing is nuts! What is this mess? I can't be the only one experiencing that...I am trying to kick the ball out and O am throwing the ball the complete opposite direction!

I hear you, I have to agree, while I do thank them for patching in a shoot around mode and fixing a few things, it honestly does not look that different to me. If they could have patched in Roster management, maybe sliders and taken care of the bugs, I would have been a happy man.

The patch is okay but I guess we will have to wait to see what they do with '15.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #107
Rookie

First off, I really appreciate the work they've put in and actually delivered on what they promised with the patch, nothing less, nothing more.

The graphics is really improved, that lighting made a difference, for sure.
Responsivness is there, pass, animation, ect. it's all there.

Shoot around is fun, nice to have a playground to practice.

Now on to my complaints...

What is the deal with not being able to post up in shoot around? Seems stupid to me.

I'm experiencing the inbound pass bug too... -.-'

But the one thing that really frustrates me is the missing bug fixes. EA, come the f*ck on! I have players running into me, while I'm standing perfectly still, nothing is called. And when I finally get called for some, its always a blocking and thats extremely rare!

The game is on the right path, but seriously fix those minor bugs!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
After today's patch, they made it where you have to keep holding the left stick to make sure it stays locked onto the target's icon, even after you've pressed the pass button.

They added an additional second or two where, if the target icon switches to another player after you've pressed the pass button, the pass will go to that person instead of going to the original target.

I don't know if that was intentional, or if it's just another bug. But when you combine this stuff with the point guard pass back bug and point guard inbound bugs, it makes passing the ball a major source of frustration.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-10-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #109
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

practice mode should have had a broadcast cam so that that timing etc stuff could relate better to the view we play the game most in.

YOUR NOT converting me into no baseline cameras LOL so gimme a broadcast

Ha love to complain but hey i can i got TONS of ideas for this darn game and things that'd make this game work and be considered even amazing but hey?
Old 02-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #110
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, X...

Is it just me or is it rare to pull off a dunk other than a windmill. I tried using Terrence Ross and all he did was the windmill dunk, nothing else. Had this with Gerald green too. When I used Lebron, 90% of the time he used the windmill.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #111
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
After today's patch, they made it where you have to keep holding the left stick to make sure it stays locked onto the target's icon, even after you've pressed the pass button.

They added an additional second or two where, if the target icon switches to another player after you've pressed the pass button, the pass will go to that person instead of going to the original target.

I don't know if that was intentional, or if it's just another bug. But when you combine this stuff with the point guard pass back bug and point guard inbound bugs, it makes passing the ball a major source of frustration.

Insane.

So you basically cannot make snap passes with the pass button anymore? Because it's seems like there is a considerable delay there... Maybe I am not getting it correctly...it's very, very frustrating as of right now....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #112
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, X...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
Is it just me or is it rare to pull off a dunk other than a windmill. I tried using Terrence Ross and all he did was the windmill dunk, nothing else. Had this with Gerald green too. When I used Lebron, 90% of the time he used the windmill.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
its true

this is an arcade game i ended up turning off out of bounds and back court violations just so it can be true to its roots. the game doesn't reward you for playing sim the way some think it does. Ive played a ton of basketball games and edited a ton and this game frustrating when you play it from the aspect of sim.

for what its worth i approach this game like a new nba street or nba jam just that it LOOKS more like nba live 10

can't say I'm hating either i got it for BOTH xbox 1 and ps4 so I AM supporting the dev team in "having" the game at least. its just not what i wanted or thought nba live 14 was going to be

all the bugs your seeing I'm seeing but those aren't bugs they're like arcade game mess ups that arcade games just have. thats all

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »