Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #113
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

So if I already have 2K14, and considering that I'm not really enjoying it much, would this game be worth a buy?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #114
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
So if I already have 2K14, and considering that I'm not really enjoying it much, would this game be worth a buy?
If you're not enjoying 2K14 then yes, I think you'll like this game. Because of the issues I have with 2K and the fact that Live doesn't have them, I really enjoy Live, more now especially because of the patch.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #115
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I thought I'd be upset about the lack of sliders, but to be honest, I'm happy they didn't included. Sometime I find myself messing with sliders more than playing the actual game. Also, sometimes the sliders will break the game or not do what they're supposed to do.

With that said, not putting in player edits is an absolute disgrace to current/next gen gaming. There should be NO reason why that wasn't put in the game. If we can edit our "my player" we should be able to at least edit accessories or something. From what I understand, when playing dynasty the rookies come in with some really off variations of accessories.

The lack or timeouts by the CPU is another disappointment. If they (EA) really wanted to be taken seriously in the "sim" world, they need to make this happen now. The lack of timeouts also prevents subs from happening on a more consistent bases.

I was already enjoying the game so for me I'm still fine with playing it. I know for others you're a little upset or disappointed and some arguments are valid. But IMO, they have a solid product here and I think the future is bright with EA.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #116
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, X...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
its true

this is an arcade game i ended up turning off out of bounds and back court violations just so it can be true to its roots. the game doesn't reward you for playing sim the way some think it does. Ive played a ton of basketball games and edited a ton and this game frustrating when you play it from the aspect of sim.

for what its worth i approach this game like a new nba street or nba jam just that it LOOKS more like nba live 10

can't say I'm hating either i got it for BOTH xbox 1 and ps4 so I AM supporting the dev team in "having" the game at least. its just not what i wanted or thought nba live 14 was going to be

all the bugs your seeing I'm seeing but those aren't bugs they're like arcade game mess ups that arcade games just have. thats all
I don't find it arcady at all. I think 2K resembles more of an arcade style with its flashy dunks an fast pace. I think Live has lots of good basketball fundamentals and I find it plays very similar to that of a real basketball game. Sure it has moments with weird animations that make it look arcady but the overall game I find is very good. I think it's because of the limited dunk packages that I'm seeing the same dunk over again. In-game it doesn't happen very often, just in practice mode. I think this game plays WORSE when you don't play it sim, but that's just my opinion.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:20 PM   #117
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I see more dunks in half's of Live 14 then I see in full games of most other games...whether it be the unstoppable two hand monster jam under the rim, or someone completely disregarding defensive position and dunking through me..
Old 02-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #118
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm not trying to over step my boundaries, but the comparisons to the other game really shouldn't be happening. I mean, I could care less, but others may have issues with it. Jus sayin...

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 02-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #119
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, X...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
I don't find it arcady at all. I think 2K resembles more of an arcade style with its flashy dunks an fast pace. I think Live has lots of good basketball fundamentals and I find it plays very similar to that of a real basketball game. Sure it has moments with weird animations that make it look arcady but the overall game I find is very good. I think it's because of the limited dunk packages that I'm seeing the same dunk over again. In-game it doesn't happen very often, just in practice mode. I think this game plays WORSE when you don't play it sim, but that's just my opinion.

The only point I'm trying to make is that WE make a game sim or sim like. you even said it if you play it sim then its better well I'm insisting that if we had sliders like the other game and could edit rosters like the other game we'd be able to make this game a simulation of that reality WE see not what THEY see.

again i feel the game esthetics are being handed to us and to me that is the fundamental pick up and play arcade game .

i like the game do not love it
Old 02-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #120
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I'm not trying to over step my boundaries, but the comparisons to the other game really shouldn't be happening. I mean, I could care less, but others may have issues with it. Jus sayin...
problem is it will always happen because its a game that covers the same sport.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »