Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #121
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
problem is it will always happen because its a game that covers the same sport.
Yeah I get that, but not everyone can have a civilized conversation like we're having now. There's always one or two guys that will come in a ruin for the others.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 11:41 PM   #122
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I thought I'd be upset about the lack of sliders, but to be honest, I'm happy they didn't included. Sometime I find myself messing with sliders more than playing the actual game. Also, sometimes the sliders will break the game or not do what they're supposed to do.

With that said, not putting in player edits is an absolute disgrace to current/next gen gaming. There should be NO reason why that wasn't put in the game. If we can edit our "my player" we should be able to at least edit accessories or something. From what I understand, when playing dynasty the rookies come in with some really off variations of accessories.

The lack or timeouts by the CPU is another disappointment. If they (EA) really wanted to be taken seriously in the "sim" world, they need to make this happen now. The lack of timeouts also prevents subs from happening on a more consistent bases.

I was already enjoying the game so for me I'm still fine with playing it. I know for others you're a little upset or disappointed and some arguments are valid. But IMO, they have a solid product here and I think the future is bright with EA.
sliders would completely fix a lot of aspects a rebounding slider a blocking slider a cpu shooting slider a player speed and game speed slider a agility slider a layup success slider and i could go on

player rating should be editable but there is a way to make it better with synergy that they aren't seeing that i won't ever just put out freely on a forum for them (thats a paid service LOL)
Old 02-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #123
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
sliders would completely fix a lot of aspects a rebounding slider a blocking slider a cpu shooting slider a player speed and game speed slider a agility slider a layup success slider and i could go on

player rating should be editable but there is a way to make it better with synergy that they aren't seeing that i won't ever just put out freely on a forum for them (thats a paid service LOL)
Oh trust, I completely agree that sliders would fix some issues, but I'm just saying that I don't have to worry about messing with them. Honestly it's less of a headache for me personally.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #124
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

So while I was at work today I was reading every impression put up and couldn't wait to get home to try out a few games. So I played 2 full games and enjoy the lighting a lot. Also the button responsiveness is better which is good. I did want to point out one thing though.

Earlier today people were pointing out that the CPU doesn't call time outs. My last game I just finished, Thunder (me) vs Bobcats (CPU) had three timeouts called by the Bobcats. I started the game on a 17-0 run and they called a time out. Then things got sloppy and with 17 seconds left in the game I was up by 5. Any change of of possession, usually after a made free throw because I was in the bonus, resulted in a bobcats TO.

To me this was actually better than pre patch.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:38 AM   #125
Rookie

nron's Arena

OVR: 4

So I fired up my xbox tonight and downloaded what I think was the patch, but couldn't find practice mode anywhere! How do you get to it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 12:50 AM   #126
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nron
So I fired up my xbox tonight and downloaded what I think was the patch, but couldn't find practice mode anywhere! How do you get to it?
Just start a play now game and it'll ask for play now or shoot around.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2014, 01:59 AM   #127
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I see more dunks in half's of Live 14 then I see in full games of most other games...whether it be the unstoppable two hand monster jam under the rim, or someone completely disregarding defensive position and dunking through me..

this made a buddy throw his controller as I watched him play today.. its a live staple, been there since last gen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 AM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 0

Finally got mind hands on this update and I'm not impressed. All I have to say is they better bring serious heat for Live 15 or just go the NBA street or NBA Jam route.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »