Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 03:08 AM   #129
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

This game is getting traded in tomorrow. It's nothing against EA, this just isn't a sim basketball game. The gameplay is stiff and players have no sense of awareness or NBA authenticity. I hope they can improve this game for next year, because right now it's a long ways off from a true basketball sim. This is a $20 arcade game in my mind. I enjoyed certain things but ultimately I play sim basketball and it just can't be obtained playing this game.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2014, 03:53 AM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 1
NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, X...

Each to their own
I'm loving the patch, is the game perfect? no ! But it's improved from where it was.
I have enjoyed it almost as much as I did inside drive 10 years ago to date and any improvements all already mentioned in this thread just add to that.

It's just good solid fundamental bball.

Timeout issue yep it bothers me
Subs go hand in hand with the tos
No sliders sucks as does roster edits.

But on the court it's my preference for getting my basketball video game fix.

Xbox Live - Kangawallaby
PSN - Kangawallaby

Last edited by DirtyMagic5; 02-11-2014 at 04:51 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:40 AM   #131
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, X...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMagic5
Each to their own
I'm loving the patch, is the game perfect? no ! But it's improved from where it was.
I have enjoyed it almost as much as I did inside drive 10 years ago to date and any improvements all already mentioned in this thread just add to that.

It's just good solid fundamental bball.

Timeout issue yep it bothers me
Subs go hand in hand with the tos
No sliders sucks as does roster edits.

But on the court it's my preference for getting my basketball video game fix.
Was gonna write my impressions but you summed it up perfectly...

It's not perfect but it's my go to game post patch. Good job EA
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 06:22 AM   #132
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

I'm getting like 4-5 extra turnovers a game just off of these random passes and unwanted double passes....it's ridiculous
Old 02-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #133
G* H*gs G*!!

TheTruth's Arena

OVR: 8

Why isn't the Live team answering for the ridiculous rosters?! This was a feature that was touted and shouted from the rooftops by them and yet Asik is still starting for the Rockets and it is almost at the all star break?! I have yet to get an answer for this, and yet the developer's recent blog talks about all the roster updates and congratulates the Live team on what an awesome job they have done. I am dumbfounded.

I played Rockets vs Timberwolves, immediately was hit in the face by the pass bugs that were introduced with the patch. I counted at least 8 times where there center caught an entry pass and just stood there motionless until the shot clock almost expired and fired up a shot. Every, and I do mean almost every time I do a pump fake in the paint I get stripped and they go after the loose ball like flies going after cow dung, but yet my guys could care less about trying to get a loose ball.

They really need a 2k or Drive cam like in the other game so those that want to play viewing end to end can, and not this silliness of the basket turning invisible. Really no excuses for the lack of cameras not available.

Disappointed with the patch after one game, all I had time to play. Still saw the CPU keep going to the post spin move as well. But will keep playing. Sometimes I wonder if there is some kind of Synergy bug where some people's data gets corrupted or something, because when reading WTF's posts it is like two different games.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone else notice how the pacers 97-05 uniform shows up as the eastern all-star uniform? I wrote them on twitter but of course they didn't respond.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #135
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Huh? I checked it yesterday and the right jerseys were there. The lineups were wrong though. (shocker)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #136
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

The shootaround is nice, and I admit I learned a lot of things using it too. But that camera angle truly makes me nauseous if I'm in there too long. I'm bewildered they couldn't give us a broadcast camera.

The game itself plays better to me, and having more fun than ever. Passes seem tighter, shooting a bit more fun and I like the new lighting.

Still missing the inability to edit rosters, sliders and annoyed CPU never calls time outs or subs out players. Doesn't ruin the experience, but does take away from the immersion. I guess in turn, that can also mean that fatigue doesn't mean much in this game for the cpu and can affect stats if you're in a season correct?

A good patch, just needed more. Call me Greedy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »