Home

EA Sports UFC Trailer, Fighting and Submission Details Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Trailer, Fighting and Submission Details Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: EA Sports UFC Trailer, Fighting and Submission Details Revealed

At the very least it SHOULD have a CPU vs CPU function. If I remember right EA MMA didn't have that option. But THQ's UFC games did.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #90
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

In my opinion, the game would be so boring if it only had exhibition mode, career, and online. It NEEDS GM mode.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
It needs a GM mode too!
FO SHO!

I'd love to have to manage a stable of fighters - all with different personalities and static attributes.
It would be far more rewarding guiding an above average fighter to a title fight, or even winning a belt.
You have to make sure to match him (or her) against fighters who match well with their style.
Maybe you have a fighter that refuses to train and is always battling weight?
Perhaps you have a fighter who was recently cut from the UFC, so you have to start them over in the lower circuits and hopefully get them another UFC contract.

In my opinion, a GM (or Managers mode) was built for combat sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #92
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
If it doesn't have a promoter mode I will be disappointed. My guess they will say, "We are on a three year plan we can't get everything into this year's offering."
Yep and that would be a legitimate excuse. My suggestion for everyone is to lower your expectations. Exhibition/Online/Career mode are automatic. Anything else is extra. Building this game from the ground up may not allow EA the time to do things like a GM mode or even Event mode (which I love in THQ's UFC games.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:53 AM   #93
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
In my opinion, the game would be so boring if it only had exhibition mode, career, and online. It NEEDS GM mode.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
I completely agree. The #1 item on my wishlist for not only this game, but even for all games combined would be a MyGm mode for EA UFC.

I'm just not into single player modes, like My Player or Road to the Show. I'm an Association/Franchise guy and for me a GM mode is a no-brainer.

It doesn't even really have to be that deep because the user should be making up cards and basically all the game has to do is keep track of everything. I've written in detail about this in the past, so I'll save it for now. I just really hope that this is added, if not this year then in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep and that would be a legitimate excuse. My suggestion for everyone is to lower your expectations. Exhibition/Online/Career mode are automatic. Anything else is extra. Building this game from the ground up may not allow EA the time to do things like a GM mode or even Event mode (which I love in THQ's UFC games.
My expectations are low when it comes to a MyGm mode, heck as soon as the full fighter list is revealed I'm going to get to work on updated my spreadsheets.

I would be really disappointed if Event Mode isn't in, but I guess it's not the end of the world.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #94
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I completely agree. The #1 item on my wishlist for not only this game, but even for all games combined would be a MyGm mode for EA UFC.

I'm just not into single player modes, like My Player or Road to the Show. I'm an Association/Franchise guy and for me a GM mode is a no-brainer.

It doesn't even really have to be that deep because the user should be making up cards and basically all the game has to do is keep track of everything. I've written in detail about this in the past, so I'll save it for now. I just really hope that this is added, if not this year then in the future.

My expectations are low when it comes to a MyGm mode, heck as soon as the full fighter list is revealed I'm going to get to work on updated my spreadsheets.

I would be really disappointed if Event Mode isn't in, but I guess it's not the end of the world.
We need Event Mode at the bare minimum. That was one of my favourite things to do against a friend, pick 8 fighters each and see who can come out on top over the duration of a pay-per-view.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #95
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. As long as the parry system isn't like Fight Night, I'll be happy.

Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 03:19 PM   #96
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
We need Event Mode at the bare minimum. That was one of my favourite things to do against a friend, pick 8 fighters each and see who can come out on top over the duration of a pay-per-view.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I want it to be in the game. Event mode is probably the mode I've used the most in any game in the last 2 yrs. I just have a feeling that it wont be in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »