Home

MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #49
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Then what would you call it?

• League members can now manage TEAMS on TheShowNation.com (Online Franchise)
Old 03-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #50
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Then what would you call it?

This is the same assumption you made on TSN, yet have zero Dev comments to back that up.
I dont think its a good idea to tell people things as if it were gospel when you have no proof, but rather your own conjecture.

Lets stick to what we know and can prove as facts and let the Devs fill in the blanks.

The last one to be right is still better than the first to be wrong.
On point one...I'd call it managing roster moves and lineups.
Managing games is Manage only Mode where you can make in game decisions.
That's not what that bullet point is saying.

On point two.....I agree.....let's not start throwing out the idea that the differences are to milk money.....that was originally being bantered about in the case of UC(Stubs)...and we see from the dev blog....it had zero to do with how it's actually working.

Would SCEA love you to spend real $$$ on everything? Of course. Silly not to think so.
Does SCEA force you to(except for buying the game?) Not at all...(and someone say that you need PS+ for online.......and you might have a bit of a point...but I don't know if that was SCEA as much as parent Sony)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-05-2014, 05:00 PM   #51
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
On point one...I'd call it managing roster moves and lineups.
Managing games is Manage only Mode where you can make in game decisions.
That's not what that bullet point is saying.
I complete agree and understand that the bullet point did not say that exact point.
I do however took it that way.
I did not take it as you can watch your MLBTS games on TSN and actively manage them.
As a matter of fact, I was so far from that assumption that I didnt think anyone else would infer that either.

My assumption of the bullet point is that you can go onto TSN and manage your lineups and rosters for the next game to be played.

But since none of it has been implemented yet, none of us know for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #52
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB1214
Agreed. If you can find people to play the games in a timely manner, like I've been able to in NCAA football, there is nothing more fan than doing a franchise or dynasty with others.

I do wish this had MoM though.
I think the key is keeping the number of HUM teams to a minimum. If you have a 30-team league with 3-4 friends, you won't have to do too much scheduling/management/resolving; just for those 2 or 3 series when its HUM vs. HUM. I think it makes it fun because your franchises now exist in the same universe, and you can easily keep tabs on what friends are doing, while having potential head-to-head match-ups for bragging rights! The ability to play seasons past is huge too.

And to whoever asked about lag, in a 1 HUM 29 CPU online franchise, play should be the same as offline. You are only using the servers for data tracking/storage at that point.

YouTube

Old 03-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #53
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Looks great but I still have some big questions and right now I am not sure if I will do an offline or online franchise vs all CPU teams. Clearly online has many benefits like the expanded stat tracking, however we don't know the full story yet.

I would like to know exactly what is different between online and offline. What does online have that offline doesnt? what does offline have that online doesnt? Another big question is if you do an online franchise vs all CPU teams can you transfer that franchise to MLB 15?

Can we still control portions of the CPU teams like you can presently in MLB 13 franchise? Like draft for them or trade for them or do FA for them? Or is it an all or nothing deal when playing with all CPU controlled teams in online franchise?

If online franchise had 'save states' like offline does where you can make backups of the franchise incase you mess something up I would be all for it. I do not mind being always online connected if it brings additional features.

Last edited by BrianU; 03-05-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #54
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Looks great but I still have some big questions and right now I am not sure if I will do an offline or online franchise vs all CPU teams. Clearly online has many benefits like the expanded stat tracking, however we don't know the full story yet.

I would like to know exactly what is different between online and offline. What does online have that offline doesnt? what does offline have that online doesnt? Another big question is if you do an online franchise vs all CPU teams can you transfer that franchise to MLB 15?

If online franchise had 'save states' like offline does where you can make backups of the franchise incase you mess something up I would be all for it. I do not mind being always online connected if it brings additional features.

While I don't know if you can take your online franchise from '14 to '15 and beyond(I hope you can)....
I'm fairly certain that you do get a franchise save as you do with any other save.
If that save is on your HDD or the server....I never thought about that.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #55
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Classic roster online franchises would be a gamechanger for me.

The possibilites are endless.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #56
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I think the key is keeping the number of HUM teams to a minimum. If you have a 30-team league with 3-4 friends, you won't have to do too much scheduling/management/resolving; just for those 2 or 3 series when its HUM vs. HUM. I think it makes it fun because your franchises now exist in the same universe, and you can easily keep tabs on what friends are doing, while having potential head-to-head match-ups for bragging rights! The ability to play seasons past is huge too.

And to whoever asked about lag, in a 1 HUM 29 CPU online franchise, play should be the same as offline. You are only using the servers for data tracking/storage at that point.
There is a delay when using one human controlled team as far as advancing. All games need to be resolved server side. So even advancing a day takes longer than offline if it's the same as before.

Playing the game should be like offline if vs CPU as slab said.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 03-05-2014 at 05:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »