Home

MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #73
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6
Great news... but they didn't touch on how the schedule will play out? The "days per series" option I see on the screen shot, is that the # of days users have in real time to complete their 3-game series vs. their opponent? Will it auto-sim unplayed games at the end of that 7-day window? In a 162-game season... will there be an auto advance timer (similar to nba2k online franchise)? etc. etc.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:14 PM   #74
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise

We see there have been lots of questions regarding what is and isn’t included in the offline portion of Franchise mode. While the majority of what’s posted in the blog is exclusive to online Franchise, we were able to make a good amount of improvements to the offline portion as well.

Those improvements are as follows:
  • Hire and fire coaches at any point in the season
  • Editable Player Potentials
  • CPU draft logic improvements to have them draft mainly based on the Scouted Potential
  • Simulator stat improvements to address stats ballooning in subsequent years
  • Refined player generation logic
  • Improved player Overall formula to help separate truly elite players from the pack
  • Player regression has been improved to slow down the amount older players will decline
  • Player salary logic improvements to keep them more in line with real-life (minor league players will garner salaries more reflective of the minors)
  • Budget logic changes to provide better year-to-year adjustments based on performance
  • NEW Player Search screen with the ability to initiate a trade from the search results
  • NEW Player Lock feature availability
  • NEW Notification system to keep you better informed with events around the league, and within your organization

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 03-05-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #75
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

TSN:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceL_86
Days off have been added
Awesome thank you SCEA!!! No more 162 games in 162 calendar days. Here I come Cal Ripken
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Appreciate the transparency as always Ramone. Kind of disappointing the trade logic and career stats didn't make it to offline (if I'm understanding correctly)

Last edited by bcruise; 03-05-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #77
Rookie

WB1214's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I think the key is keeping the number of HUM teams to a minimum. If you have a 30-team league with 3-4 friends, you won't have to do too much scheduling/management/resolving; just for those 2 or 3 series when its HUM vs. HUM. I think it makes it fun because your franchises now exist in the same universe, and you can easily keep tabs on what friends are doing, while having potential head-to-head match-ups for bragging rights! The ability to play seasons past is huge too.

And to whoever asked about lag, in a 1 HUM 29 CPU online franchise, play should be the same as offline. You are only using the servers for data tracking/storage at that point.
Absolutely, I've got two buddies that I play NCAA with. Low number of people means lower number of people to wait on. We could generally get through a season in a month, so that's not terrible.

I think that's the biggest problems with other games and their online franchises and dynasties.. people expect to be able to fill up the leagues and for them to work, but it doesn't generally every work out for very long.

For the Show, I would think any more than six or seven, unless you just know them and know they'll play, will be too much.

Last edited by WB1214; 03-05-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:48 PM   #78
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopens66
Pretty ridiculous, IMO. I know people like to cut a lot of slack for the SCEA guys around here, but this is clearly something that should have been included for offline and online franchise. I'm pretty sure Madden even has identical features for their online/offline franchise. No excuses
You should tell us how you really feel.........

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 03-05-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:07 PM   #79
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The new offline franchise improvements are listed below.
Are there any Improvements/features exclusive to the PS4, or a will there be feature parity as long as saves are cross-platform? Have you guys discussed at all adding more roster spots, levels, draft rounds, and IFA's to better emulate real life?

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #80
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We see there have been lots of questions regarding what is and isn’t included in the offline portion of Franchise mode. While the majority of what’s posted in the blog is exclusive to online Franchise, we were able to make a good amount of improvements to the offline portion as well.

Those improvements are as follows:
So is this a confirmation that anything not listed here, but was for online will for sure not be in offline franchise? Or is offline still technically being worked on?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »