Home

MLB 14 The Show Video Interview with Ramone Russell

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Video Interview with Ramone Russell within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #113
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video Interview with Ramone Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Well....you finally got something right!

M.K.
Knight165

this thread should be closed

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 03-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
Quite pathetic, actually. Not authentic to the game of baseball. Keep on adding to rtts mode. . Ugh

I play manage mode which suffered from the same problems for several years until Brian got assigned to the mode and fixed some of the problems so I understand the frustration but with something as big as building a stadium from scratch it takes time.

What I have learned from this forum is some things which I am completely unconcerned about are a major topic for others and although it is frustrating the money those people spend on the game keeps excellent developers like Brian employed and working on mlbts and the mode I play, although not perfect, benefits as a result.

Retractable roofs and design a stadium are on the list for the future. In the meantime enjoy the best video game ever made.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #115
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
this thread should be closed
And I think its about that time of year for the BAN hammer to come out. Usually it doesn't come out until the game releases but I think an early showing would be appropriate this year.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #116
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
Sorry I'm not a Show insider like your almightyness. Congrats to everyone who only thinks happy thoughts and doesn't strive for perfection. Have a great day.
You have 8 people here trying to explain it to you, including one Moderator, yet for some reason, with your extensive programming knowledge, you seem to know better than everyone else and your way is the right way and the only way.

Just because its your opinion that it could be done better or faster, doesnt make it so.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #117
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm not a fan of some of these posts, but personally I think some unpopular opinions are being jumped all over for no reason.

I may not and do not agree with almost all the opinions of the people feeling let down right now (I'm loving what I'm seeing, by the way), but it's distressing to see some of these newcomers get jumped all over by some OS vets because someone is let down with a feature not getting in, or a screenshot not being what they'd expected, etc.

There are some trolls here, sure. But some posters are getting jumped all over for being underwhelmed and that sort of undermines the spirit of OS, if you ask me.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #118

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I'm not a fan of some of these posts, but personally I think some unpopular opinions are being jumped all over for no reason.

I may not and do not agree with almost all the opinions of the people feeling let down right now (I'm loving what I'm seeing, by the way), but it's distressing to see some of these newcomers get jumped all over by some OS vets because someone is let down with a feature not getting in, or a screenshot not being what they'd expected, etc.

There are some trolls here, sure. But some posters are getting jumped all over for being underwhelmed and that sort of undermines the spirit of OS, if you ask me.
Very much agree and I said almost the exact same thing in a thread last week.

That being said, as Ebby Calvin proved in this thread, they don't help themselves in most cases by responding poorly.

Choice of words is imperative and when it's a poor choice they bring it on themselves.

By in large though, I very much agree with you which is why I try and get some of these people to articulate their points visually rather than just say x is terribly or y needs to be fixed NOW.

Last edited by kehlis; 03-23-2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Hope no one caught my butchering of the Bull Durham reference.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #119
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

H&V, Youre right, but at some point its gotta stop.

There is absolutely nothing wrong expressing your displeasure with the game, the development of the game, the graphics.... whatever.

But when it gets to a point where its beating a dead horse even in the face of legitimate explanation, any retaliation one receives for their incessant complaining, is self induced.

I personally tried to explain it to him very respectfully and his initial response was, "Quite Pathetic".
Thats the sort of comment that begins the buffet of vultures on that type of carrion attitude.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #120
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
H&V, Youre right, but at some point its gotta stop.

There is absolutely nothing wrong expressing your displeasure with the game, the development of the game, the graphics.... whatever.

But when it gets to a point where its beating a dead horse even in the face of legitimate explanation, any retaliation one receives for their incessant complaining, is self induced.

I personally tried to explain it to him very respectfully and his initial response was, "Quite Pathetic".
Thats the sort of comment that begins the buffet of vultures on that type of carrion attitude.
I wasn't talking about his specific string of posts, but a general theme I've been seeing on here and the PS4 section lately. And it's worrisome.

I'm not speaking of you or anyone in particular at the moment, by the way. Just generalizing for now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »