Home

MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-26-2014, 01:10 AM   #201
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

If you get drafted and choose to go back to school, does that actually advance the game 1 year, to the 2015 draft? Or however many years you decided to go to school for? I'm guessing that's a no, but I figured I might as well ask. I think this would be awesome. Changes up the draft order, adds another element to the process and more realism.

Personally I'd love to go #1 overall (and keep trying the showcase over and over until I do) but I can't say I have a strong desire to play for the Astros haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 01:17 AM   #202
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
If you get drafted and choose to go back to school, does that actually advance the game 1 year, to the 2015 draft? Or however many years you decided to go to school for? I'm guessing that's a no, but I figured I might as well ask. I think this would be awesome. Changes up the draft order, adds another element to the process and more realism.

Personally I'd love to go #1 overall (and keep trying the showcase over and over until I do) but I can't say I have a strong desire to play for the Astros haha.
No, the year you get drafted is always 2014.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:20 AM   #203
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgerd
No, the year you get drafted is always 2014.

So you enter the 2014 draft showcase, get drafted, decide you want to go to a 4 year college, come back and do the showcase and get drafted again... in 2014. Haha.

I get why they do it that way, but it would be cool if it actually advanced time, or gave you the option to.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:21 AM   #204
Rookie

Quote:
So you enter the 2014 draft showcase, get drafted, decide you want to go to a 4 year college, come back and do the showcase and get drafted again... in 2014. Haha.
I think it's weird too, to be honest. xD
Old 03-26-2014, 01:26 AM   #205
Rookie

Quote:

I get why they do it that way, but it would be cool if it actually advanced time, or gave you the option to.
Agreed, perhaps next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 01:32 AM   #206
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OK here's another question:

Regardless of if you're using custom rosters or not, I assume the game generates a made up draft class right? Can you create a draft class and then enter yourself amongst it?
Old 03-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #207
MVP

Quote:

While it seems strange the way they get around it is they never once tell u what year the showcase was , if u get drafted u still don't know the year it is, if u choose to go back to school the years again are not known... The year only comes into play once u sign with ur drafting team and begin that minor league season which now finally takes place in 2014.

So depending on the path u choose the showcase and ur initial draft could be anywhere from 2009 to 2014 depending on how much schooling u choose if any and probably even depending on more details like what ur fictional schools calendar might be.

Regardless u wouldn't ever know the year of ur showcase and/or draft(s) until u actually begin ur minor league season and then can calculate back from there.

Bottom line, the initial showcase and draft take place in ambiguous, unspecified years so that you always begin ur first minor league season in 2014, which is fine by me. Tricky but well done cuz I can just imagine the fits people would have if they get start in 2014 go back to school then get drafted again in 2014. So this way is better .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 02:22 AM   #208
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
While it seems strange the way they get around it is they never once tell u what year the showcase was , if u get drafted u still don't know the year it is, if u choose to go back to school the years again are not known... The year only comes into play once u sign with ur drafting team and begin that minor league season which now finally takes place in 2014.

So depending on the path u choose the showcase and ur initial draft could be anywhere from 2009 to 2014 depending on how much schooling u choose if any and probably even depending on more details like what ur fictional schools calendar might be.

Regardless u wouldn't ever know the year of ur showcase and/or draft(s) until u actually begin ur minor league season and then can calculate back from there.

Bottom line, the initial showcase and draft take place in ambiguous, unspecified years so that you always begin ur first minor league season in 2014, which is fine by me. Tricky but well done cuz I can just imagine the fits people would have if they get start in 2014 go back to school then get drafted again in 2014. So this way is better .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I figured that's probably how they did it. Still though, a player gets drafted twice and in both years it's the exact same draft order, even the comp picks lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »