Home

MLB 14 The Show Screenshots - Starting Lineups, Pitcher Rotations and Ratings

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Screenshots - Starting Lineups, Pitcher Rotations and Ratings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #33
Rookie

SirSpencAlot36's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Screenshots - Starting Lineups, Pitcher Rotations and Ratings

hey idk if this is too much but i was curious if you could post screenshots of the entire 40-man (SCEA Players) for each team?
Old 03-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #34
Rookie

Re: MLB 14 The Show Screenshots - Starting Lineups, Pitcher Rotations and Ratings

Is it my imagination or are the H/9 ratings for the non elite pitchers a bit on the low side??

Could this be to make hitting easier this year, especially on the PS4, where SCEA will be hoping to get a lot of new customers??
Old 03-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #35
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Is it my imagination or are the H/9 ratings for the non elite pitchers a bit on the low side??

Could this be to make hitting easier this year, especially on the PS4, where SCEA will be hoping to get a lot of new customers??
Its probably more to do with whatever tweaks they made to the ratings system. It also afffects sims not just gameplay. I doubt that a lower H/9 will suddenly make bad hitters better. There are plenty of tools in the game already to make hitting as easy or as hard as you want without touching the ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
No, the opposite actually! A couple of years ago it was near impossible for starters to have K/9 above 10 because the ratings to real life ratio was near 1:1 and therefore capped around 9.9 K/9 with a little variance. Now with ratings more spread out there will be a wider variety of results.
Awesome thanks!
Old 03-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #37
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld
Does this mean there'll be even less strikeouts? I felt like '13 was incredibly unrealistic in how few strikeouts pitchers were able to get.
Another forum poster, Christian9, gave him this spreadsheet he made of a simulated year 1 of MLB 14. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwGR...N1UHpxbzQ/edit

A few typos in there I think but the sim stats look really good imo. Strikeouts look way better than last year. Only big issue is the amount of Steals are crazy high but it shouldn't be a hard fix for the devs if they decide to patch it (If we make enough noise!)

Download the file and open it in LibreOffice or Excel if it's cut off on Google Spreadsheets to see the full table.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #38
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Another forum poster, Christian9, gave him this spreadsheet he made of a simulated year 1 of MLB 14. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwGR...N1UHpxbzQ/edit

A few typos in there I think but the sim stats look really good imo. Strikeouts look way better than last year. Only big issue is the amount of Steals are crazy high but it shouldn't be a hard fix for the devs if they decide to patch it (If we make enough noise!)

Download the file and open it in LibreOffice or Excel if it's cut off on Google Spreadsheets to see the full table.
The Yankees record in that sim HAHAHAHA. I can only wish they do that in real life. Pretty happy with the sim stats we've seen so far though
Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #39
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm extremely happy.

Even with the patch last year, I honestly would be lying if I sat here and said I was in love with the sim stats.

Everything looks so great right now on all fronts. So much so that I'm debating on biting the bullet on the PS3 version and using the cloud save compatibility once the PS4 version drops.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

I see 19 SP with an ERA below 3.00. That seems like a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »