Home

MLB The Show: The Hardest Pitch to Hit Is...

This is a discussion on MLB The Show: The Hardest Pitch to Hit Is... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 2
ITs gotta be the change up. Just like IRL. THe best two pitch combo is fastball/change up. NO chance. Especially when it is down in the strike zone. Ends up bouncing and i still swing. ALso, the slider down and away when the pitcher and batter are the same handedness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show: The Hardest Pitch to Hit Is...

For me, it's the change up that's low and out of the strike zone. There's a few reasons for this:

*It's part of the best two pitch combo in the game - fastball and change up. (IRL as well).

*You don't have the hitters depth perception: I play with the catcher cam, so it's hard to judge the depth of the ball. Most low offspeed pitches just look like fastballs and then they fall off the table.

*The opened timing window: I didn't have a problem pulling the ball in past years, but MLB13TS was tough for me. Across the board, every offspeed pitch was a bit harder for me to hit because even when I made contact, it would be well foul.

*The MPH difference: Too many pitchers in the game can top out their fastballs with ease and then turn around a throw their nastiest change ups with 13+ mph difference. It also seems like every pitcher who has a change up in the game, throws it well. Even if they only throw it 5% of the time and it's their fifth option for a pitch (IRL), you will get a steady diet of change ups in MLBTS.

...I will say, nothing feels better than waiting back on an offspeed pitch that's breaking down and away and hitting it the other way for a clean single.

Last edited by WarningTrackPower; 03-27-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #83
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB The Show: The Hardest Pitch to Hit Is...

A well placed slider followed by a changeup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »