Home

MLB 14 The Show Patch 1.11 Available Now - Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Patch 1.11 Available Now - Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #177
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 14 The Show Patch 1.11 Available Now - Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Yeah, looks like this issue didn't get as much attention as required this patch, so:

Does it help to drop Steal Frequency below default (4, for example) to lessen the aggressiveness that leads to bigger leadoffs and having "less than" base stealers take off?

At while we're add it, drop Pickoffs to 4 and bump Steal Ability up to 6?

Not ideal, but MAY minimize, etc.
I have always put pickoffs at 0 over the years cause I got tired of th epitcher always throwing over. They still throw over, bu tnow its much more realistic with this slider at 0. I didnt notice a issue before the patch, nor do I have a problem now, so maybe at 0 that is why.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #178
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
This isn't post-patch related, I noticed it pre-patch too but the strikeout totals are low (I think I read someone else voice their concern over this?). You guys think it's a balancing issue or a K/9 ratings issue? 'Cause I know the ceiling on the rates were raised so some tweaking might need to be made on K/9 algorithms to get this back to normal...
I know last year this was a issue as well in franchise mode, and you needed to bump every pitcher up 5-10 in K/9. Granted you should have to do that to get right sim stats, but its possible it will be needed again this year if this is indeed the case.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #179
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I've notice now that 40 games into my NYY Franchise, 30 team control, that the ticker is showing players like Texiera, McCann, Sabathia and Ellsbury even (which is odd, he has a 7 year deal) on the trading block.

These players are NOT actually on the block though.

It's very strange. I'm 25-15, by the way.

Where can I see my team strategy? I can't seem to find it.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #180
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I've notice now that 40 games into my NYY Franchise, 30 team control, that the ticker is showing players like Texiera, McCann, Sabathia and Ellsbury even (which is odd, he has a 7 year deal) on the trading block.

You mean Normal/Rebuild/Playoff Push? At the top right of the manage roster screen.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #181
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains

Heroes, I think you're on to something here. I take it you're actually controlling the Yankees right? If those players aren't actually being placed on the block by you, then it smells like something SCEA has actually accidently? slipped into the game language. This may be the reason certain teams like the Yanks and Phills are starting the year on rebuild mode.

Now I'm not going to pretend to know how to build a game but I really think there's a corelation between those players being "placed" on the block and those teams starting out in rebuild mode. Franchise has never done this before. Like tabarnes posted, every team starts at normal and by July 1st their strategy is either tweaked or remains normal... Been like this for the last few years at least...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #182
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Heroes, I think you're on to something here. I take it you're actually controlling the Yankees right? If those players aren't actually being placed on the block by you, then it smells like something SCEA has actually accidently? slipped into the game language. This may be the reason certain teams like the Yanks and Phills are starting the year on rebuild mode.

Now I'm not going to pretend to know how to build a game but I really think there's a corelation between those players being "placed" on the block and those teams starting out in rebuild mode. Franchise has never done this before. Like tabarnes posted, every team starts at normal and by July 1st their strategy is either tweaked or remains normal... Been like this for the last few years at least...

I have seen this exact same thing. But if you go to the trading block……those players are not listed. I also have everything on manual for my Yankees in my test franchise.

So yeah…wondering what thats all about.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #183
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

Yes. I'm controlling NYY.

Manual everything.

We are in "rebuild," against my will, and the ticker is showing like 1/3 of my active roster on the trading block even though they ARE NOT.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #184
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

So the ticker seems to be inaccurate? And appears to be tied to the team's organizational status?

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »