Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #393
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

I got over the graphics a while ago....while it kills some of the immersion...(like players being indistinguishable in certain cameras, and half the players having the same jumper) I am willing to look past that....

Unfortunately I can't look past or pretend I don't see some of the core gameplay issues....

Before they nerfed passing, there were stretches where I could have some fun....as long as the CPU wasn't running the clock down...but it just wears on you after a while..
Old 06-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #394
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Yea, not trying to hate or cause problems, because I love the NBA Live series and want it to do well so badly but...

I just picked up NBA Live 10 again, and in my opinion, the gameplay is far superior.

Despite what almost everyone says, the graphics on Gen-4 blow it out of the water. Like not even close. If you think Live 14 looks like 'a ps2 game', you are so incredibly wrong.

Such a bummer to play Live 10 and to see such fluid animations and ball physics. The sound is so much better in Live 10, along with almost everything else. Such a shame to see the final product in Live 14. It truly is one of the worst basketball games, from a gameplay stand point, I have played in a long time. March Madness 09 and College Hoops 2k8 play better, more smooth, with physics that actually make sense. For a Gen-4 product to not exceed a game on the last console, and one that is 6 years old at that, is unacceptable.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #395
Banned

But alas...here I am going to fire it up again. Something has to be said for the fact I keep coming back I guess.

The progression system in Rising Star is awesome.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #396
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Has anyone noticed any different dunks? I did a 360 dunk with lebron which wasn't bonus there before. Seen someone on Twitter say that there's a dunk modifier.
Today I did a pump fake under the rim with Kevin Durant and he did Hakeem Olajuwon's one-handed "show ball" fake. That was the first time I have seen that animation. It seems odd that Durant has access to it, though.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #397
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

That's been in for a while. I did it with PG several times.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #398
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
But alas...here I am going to fire it up again. Something has to be said for the fact I keep coming back I guess.

The progression system in Rising Star is awesome.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
This is the same thing that is happening to me. I just keep coming back to play more.

But for all those that keep saying core gameplay I gotta ask people is it gameplay or animations? For once I feel I have to box out and watch positioning on rebounds. Especially because lack of animation makes an offensive rebound automatic 2. For the most part if you play like the real world counterpart you'll get good results. Players take charges, (I don't think I've seen that in 2k in awhile, but doesn't get called when the CPU charges me) spacing of court is perfect and really opens up ball movement when passing is working.

It feels like they tried to make less animation to showcase the bounce tek more and fact is you need some animation to tie loose ends. In the same respect 2k fans ask for less animations in their game which can sometimes bog that game. Where's a happy medium?

I can't help but feel in comparison they have a hemi in a smart car. When they get updated animation and graphics I really think they have something that will be competitive.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #399
Banned

Yea I think it is just lack on animations. I don't know what it is but everytime I fire this game up it looks and feel better and better.

I am actually really excited for Live 15 to see what they do.

My main problem is that I have played 2k Basketball for WAY too long. So even if it is a 'better' game, its like I know everything that is going to happen. On the court or off the court. With Live, its all new so I actually feel challenged.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #400
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
This is the same thing that is happening to me. I just keep coming back to play more.

But for all those that keep saying core gameplay I gotta ask people is it gameplay or animations? For once I feel I have to box out and watch positioning on rebounds. Especially because lack of animation makes an offensive rebound automatic 2. For the most part if you play like the real world counterpart you'll get good results. Players take charges, (I don't think I've seen that in 2k in awhile, but doesn't get called when the CPU charges me) spacing of court is perfect and really opens up ball movement when passing is working.

A bit of both.

The lack of defensive animations to counter the offensive animations result in shoddy defense. It's funny you mention the auto 2 on rebounds because it's very prevalent in this game with the lack of contact down low and every big having access to the two hand power dunk..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »