Home

Madden NFL 15 Screenshot - Colin Kaepernick with Tattoos

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Screenshot - Colin Kaepernick with Tattoos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #225
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Screenshot - Colin Kaepernick with Tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
The second one I thought looked cartoonish. The first one looked great though. I think the final game actually looks on par with the first pic. As an example, here is an in-game shot I took a little while back:

The problem a lot of people had was that it didn't look quite on par with this:

One tiny thing that I noticed with that E3 shot is that when RGIII's fingers roll off of his helmet after covering the helmet's ear hole, they actually move over the contour of the helmet and face guard. It looks like his hand is really touching the surface of the helmet and not just gliding over it or going into it, like we see sometimes in actual gameplay. And, I don't think I have ever seen a QB bark out plays like that one. I would say that is a tell-tale sign of CGI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #226
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 15 ONLY Features Colin's Tattoos (No One Elses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's a buildup for E3 next week, I'm sure.
Maybe. In the past theyve always been so tight lipped about their product. Releasing something as superficial as ONE players tattoos before any gameplay improvements feels like a typical ea move. Just hope the game changes more than just on the surface

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 06-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #227
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Maybe. In the past theyve always been so tight lipped about their product. Releasing something as superficial as ONE players tattoos before any gameplay improvements feels like a typical ea move. Just hope the game changes more than just on the surface
Agreed, we'll see how all the other stuff translates on the field.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #228
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

23 pages about a single still shot. EA has the best video game marketing of ALL TIME.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #229
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

so hes going to be the only player with tatts in madden????

must be in that new contract he just signed hahahaha
Old 06-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #230
Pro

OVR: 4

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet.... Tattoo-gate only highlights the lack of thought/consideration for the consumer from the Madden team. And how they go for marketing shock value rather than being straight forward.

That screenshot was the first, THE FIRST! release for Madden15... What, did they think people weren't gonna automatically believe tats were back?

They could not possibly have thought people were gonna be like... "aw well, one out of hundreds of players in the league seems like a good start".... They just care about the mentions. For Madden, any publicity is good publicity.
They just don't care, that's the truth.

Also, I find it really hard to believe that Colin Kaepernick is the only player interested enough in Madden to have done this with his tattoo artist. Really? After all these years, no player had asked EA why their tats weren't in the game?

And just to finish the rant.... I saw someone mention, jokingly obviously, that what was next, parents suing EA because their sons were in the game. Well, don't discount that... Maybe the fathers of Jamaal Charles, Dez Bryant and Julio Jones were suing EA and that's why Madden represented them in the game with a completely wrong skin tone :P

This just to say...... LAZYNESS!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #231
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
I don't think the purpose of the screen shot was to show off tattoos.

I think they just seized on the fact that Kaepernick signed a huge deal that makes him the 49ers QB for the next 7 years. He's represents a new style of QB (Read option), and EA is going to tout that, as it will undoubtedly influence how their game is played (already has for that matter). Given the lack of other promotional material (Chris McLeod promised there is a lot more where that came from, and everyone else I follow on twitter said pretty much nothing) my guess is they discovered Kaepernick was close to a deal and then made a quick decision to tease us with a screen shot. If no major player signed a new contract before E3 I doubt we would have gotten one at all.

We do usually get a few glimpses at their upcoming titles even before E3, but they are always small glimpses. I think the fact that EA doesn't have NCAA to show off anymore means they will be pushing up how they advertise Madden. I mean in the past they had to be careful not to get people so excited for madden that they opt to skip the July release and just wait until August, now they don't have to worry about hurting sales for any other football title of theirs and can thus start the hype machine sooner.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #232
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
I call BS! In UFC and NBA games their players have tattoos. You mean to tell me only one player in the NFL wants their tattoos in the game? Not buying it, something seems fishy about this situation.
No, but maybe only one player went out and got the tattoo artist to sign off. Maybe other players have had multiple artists that they might not be able to contact, or who might not want to sign off. Maybe other players don't see it as a pressing issue so they haven't made it a priority for themselves.

All we know is that Colin Kaepernick cared enough to go out and get his artist to sign off on having their work appear in Madden, so here it is.

Last edited by SmashMan; 06-05-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »