Home

Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #153
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat?

I just don't get the hate for them teaming up. People were on him for not recruiting people to come to Cleveland, but when he does join a loaded team people get mad. I believe people were on Rose about that too a few years back, as well as Dirk.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #154
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
Adding to this, the Cavs over-achieved too early, mainly because of LeBron- not his fault. They only had 1 lottery pick throughout the 7 years, which turned out to be a bust (#10 pick in 2004 - Luke Jackson). Had the Cavs sucked for a few more years they could have went through the OKC route and built the franchise from the ground up. On a side note, I'm looking through OKC's draft history and wow, didn't realize they drafted Eric Bledsoe.
Absolutely correct. LeBron's sheer talent actually stunted their growth. Instead of racking up a few more lottery picks they found themselves in the playoffs purely because LeBron was already an All-Star and top player from day 1.

I have no idea as to who was truly available, but all I can do is judge the talent that Gilbert and company put around LeBron. It wasn't pretty, and that's putting it nicely. Trading for a washed up Jamison, a washed up Shaq. Those were pretty much the best moves they could come up with...
Old 06-08-2014, 12:35 AM   #155
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
KG said all the right things publicly, and gave us some heartfelt interviews and all, but he wanted our of Minny....it's evident by the attitude he's shown toward them since he left...
Even if this were true, which is debatable, KG stuck with that team way longer than anyone could ask for. All respect to him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #156
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Absolutely correct. LeBron's sheer talent actually stunted their growth. Instead of racking up a few more lottery picks they found themselves in the playoffs purely because LeBron was already an All-Star and top player from day 1.

I have no idea as to who was truly available, but all I can do is judge the talent that Gilbert and company put around LeBron. It wasn't pretty, and that's putting it nicely. Trading for a washed up Jamison, a washed up Shaq. Those were pretty much the best moves they could come up with...
Honestly it sounds like the Bulls to me. People like to sit and bag on the talent that LeBron had around him in Cleveland but then get mad at management for not turning that "trash" into all-stars/superstars. If the talent is as bad as everybody likes to say, how the hell were they supposed to flip them into Dwyane Wade/Derrick Rose/Chris Bosh type talent? Free agents won't sign there and you have trash on your roster with no lottery or mid teen draft picks, but go get LeBron some help. Thanks for the answers there esteemed basketball gurus.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:43 AM   #157
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Honestly it sounds like the Bulls to me. People like to sit and bag on the talent that LeBron had around him in Cleveland but then get mad at management for not turning that "trash" into all-stars/superstars. If the talent is as bad as everybody likes to say, how the hell were they supposed to flip them into Dwyane Wade/Derrick Rose/Chris Bosh type talent? Free agents won't sign there and you have trash on your roster with no lottery or mid teen draft picks, but go get LeBron some help. Thanks for the answers there esteemed basketball gurus.
Right, this is what I addressed in my initial post. I think it was definitely a combo of mismanagement and Cleveland simply not having any luck with the draft/luck with getting any big splashes in trades.

Not sure what the last line about esteemed basketball gurus was about?
Old 06-08-2014, 02:48 AM   #158
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Right, this is what I addressed in my initial post. I think it was definitely a combo of mismanagement and Cleveland simply not having any luck with the draft/luck with getting any big splashes in trades.

Not sure what the last line about esteemed basketball gurus was about?
Wasn't directed at you. Just meant at the typical 'hahaha Cleveland sucks! LeBron played with trash, get better help for him' crowd that never likes to put any context to the situation and act like Cleveland literally just sat around on their asses not trying to do anything to help LeBron.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:59 AM   #159
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

I hear you, I don't think Cleveland sat on their hands I just think they didn't get the job done plain and simple. As hard as a task as it might have been with what they had to work with, they did not surround James with adequate support. Which is the reason why, in the end, I do not blame James for wanting to go to a situation where he could guarantee playing with two other All-Stars. You can't compete if you don't have at least two other exceptional support teammates.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #160
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Even if this were true, which is debatable, KG stuck with that team way longer than anyone could ask for. All respect to him.

What's not debatable are the direct quotes from Garnett though....hard to believe the relationship soured AFTER he left.

I agree though, he did stick around for a while...,didn't even know that was up for debate..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »