Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #401
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

If we as gamers could get a happy middle between 2ks over animation and lives under animation we could be on to something.

I really think this year everything will get fine tuned for a solid game and I gotta be honest... I am a 2k guy, but when I didn't renew my ps plus for a month and couldn't access my GM mode I was deep in to, it will be hard for me to go back. So here's to hoping EA brings it this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #402
Rookie

PlatanoGames Network's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

I have noticed some awkward gameplay mechanics when connected to a bad or slow network connection! Try comparing the differences and maybe you'll see what I mean. Sometimes I load the game with my network turned off in the PS4 menus and I get a more responsive game. Either that or I make sure nothing else is using my internet connection (no pc, cell phone, only ps4) and my system isn't streaming, downloading or uploading. Also I have hundreds of videos of the game in HD on my youtube channel incase someone wants to use that as reference to compare to how it looks when they play.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #403
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I didn't know where to put this question, so I'll just put it here and hopefully someone can help out. I didn't buy Live 14 (I was strictly 2k14 this year). I finally have some free time to dip into this game over the summer. I have the demo (i'm online, so I got updated rosters etc).

I mainly want to just get use/have some familiarity with the controls of Live incase next season I get it along with 2k (hopefully this is the case, I want all basketball games to be good). I don't want to head in Live 15 cold turkey not knowing what I'm doing.

Now, how different is the gameplay from the demo to retail ?? Is it worlds apart ? A bit different ? Or if I just want to learn the controls to prep for Live 15, is the demo enough ?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #404
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

It's different from the retail, I've gone back and forth recently. It's not worlds apart, but it is quite a bit different. If you want to just get accustomed to the controls, you should be fine with the demo. The retail has the "practice" facility, where you can use whatever player you want to shoot around in the half court setting, and work on your controls. You should be able to find it for cheap now. If you're on the XOne, it was $11 or $13 on Amazon new the other day.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #405
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

OK man...thanks for the info. Live is brand new here in Canada at $ 30 now but that still way too much at this point in the game. I'll just run the demo for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #406
MVP

OVR: 3

questions about team specific defense. how well was that handled? was it just a few teams or all?
Old 06-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #407
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
questions about team specific defense. how well was that handled? was it just a few teams or all?
Every coach in the game had about a dozen different settings that would affect how his team played defense.

It was a cool idea, but the tendencies needed to be more dynamic and less binary.

The double team AI, in particular, was incredibly simplistic.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #408
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Heard there's a new update. Any truth to this? Just omw home from work

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »