Home

NHL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - True Hockey Physics

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - True Hockey Physics within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #33
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
Dang, that was awesome. May have just surpassed 2K as my most anticipated game for this year.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #34
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - True Hockey Physics

I hope they work on player AI to have offensive players follow the puck a bit better. I don't know the entire scenario, so it's a bit hard to judge, but in the clip of the puck glancing off the crossbar behind Luongo, one of the Sedin's is just skating backwards through the crease. I would like to see a bit of variety. Maybe some AI players setting up in front of the goalie trying for a deflection, but then turning around after to go for rebounds. Or a guy if he's sitting outside the net, actually facing the goalie, or the player with the puck.

And i really hope that clashing in front of the net stuff is worked on, or removed. God it was obnoxious.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3
How good do those puck deflections and rolling puck look? I thought last gen's deflections were decent, but these are taking them to a new level. This is the first video to get me excited for the game.

The body collisions were looking decent too, definitely improving. Staal jumping around the Bluejacket and clipping his ankle while getting hit by the 2nd D was pretty sweet.

It'll be interesting to see how that awesome sweet bouncing puck interacts with the age old stick-puck possession suction that's in every hockey game ever made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

i miss redshirt.
he gave honest answers.
i hope he comes back to post about the game.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

why cant there be stick on stick or stick on body collision detection?
Old 07-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #38
Rookie

Edmontonoilersfan70's Arena

OVR: 0

This game LOOKS pretty unbelievable, and I think EA has done a good job on the graphic portions. Hopefully the actual gameplay doesn't disappoint. With that being said, I just wish they would make improvements to the goalies. Forget the player AI's and skating that has already been "improved", I'd love to see the goalies get a little love from EA. I mean the basic movements of the goaltenders are completely different in real life than in the video game. It kinda sucks when you're a goalie because it frustrates you a bit. However, I will definitely be buying this game when it comes out. I mean seriously I'll complain all I want but EA will still be getting my $70 in exchange for hours of enjoyment from NHL15.

Last edited by Edmontonoilersfan70; 07-16-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #39
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlaPanthers
The game looks incredible. However, It's still very disappointing to see players with the same generic faces (Kulikov).

Definitely think that getting nearly all player faces in is MUST for 16.
all i know, is i hope for atleast NHL 16(if they havent done it yet for NHL 15) is a complete rewrite of the goaltender code. currently the biggest issue with goalies in nhl 14 is that they do not adjust them selves dynamically to save the same shots over and over. because the Short Side top shelf shot currently is like the "go to" shot and has a extremely high shot to goal ratio that should not be there. Yes from time to time goalies will let them in but it shouldnt be at the rate they let them in now.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #40
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
why cant there be stick on stick or stick on body collision detection?
This is just a guess, but I bet they tried it and it led to a hilarious overabundance of broken sticks (since these guys tend to overdo it on the first try).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »