Home

EA Sports UFC Patch Version 1.02 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Patch Version 1.02 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA Sports UFC Patch Version 1.02 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
Just beat the 36th best in the world on ps4. What the hell is going on?
Everyone takes a L every now and again...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 01:22 AM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 0

Devs,

This is a little bit off topic and I understand that you can't say much which I totally respect but I just wanted to ask a more broad question. Hopefully you will be able to answer...

Is it possible to patch in new game modes? And if so, what is the likelihood of something like that to happen?

It's obviously wishful thinking but I would love to see an event mode make it into the game at some point.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:03 AM   #187
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Devs,

This is a little bit off topic and I understand that you can't say much which I totally respect but I just wanted to ask a more broad question. Hopefully you will be able to answer...

Is it possible to patch in new game modes? And if so, what is the likelihood of something like that to happen?

It's obviously wishful thinking but I would love to see an event mode make it into the game at some point.
They cant discuss future modes or anything outside of Gameplay or AI.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #188
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They cant discuss future modes or anything outside of Gameplay or AI.
Yeah i'm not looking for a definitive answer. More just if such a thing is even possible.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #189
EA UFC AI Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbix
ThinkingOfRobots:
- The AI gets up from dominant positions way too much. Not that it should happen much at all, but it's especially noticeable with wrestlers and BJJ fighters.
I'm looking into keeping the guys that want to be on the ground, to work to a dominant position and stay there.

Quote:
- How conscious is the AI of something like the addition of the sprawl?
For each new feature like touch gloves & sprawl we need to add logic for the AI. There wasn't too much required wrt the sprawl in particular; the decision to do a power take down which has a bigger stamina and health hit vs risking getting caught in the sprawl.

Quote:
- Similarly, so it's easier to make suggestions, could you give us a better idea of how the "recorded human button presses" aspect of the AI works? Just how much can the AI adapt to fundamental changes in the gameplay? Do you record new human gameplay or am I misunderstanding the explanation of MMAI from the review guide?
The recorded human button presses are part of a system called Real AI (started out as an acronym R.E.A.L. and changed over the years). Essentially, while the designers are playing, the game is recording them. The situation in which a certain combo or set of actions happens is also recorded. When the AI sees a similar situation, it can play back that same combo. Different fighters get different sets of combos. The 'situation' as I mentioned is one component of how the AI can adapt over the course of the fight.

Say a certain recorded sequence has a parry, followed by two strikes. If the parry is successful, and the two strikes land, then that was a good combo, and might make sense to try again. If on the other hand, the parry missed, or both strikes whiffed, then maybe that was not as good an idea. The game is shipped with a large set of these what we call sequences, but we also have the ability to add new ones through patching. There are several other adaptation components at work, but hopefully this answers your question assuming it's in relation to the button presses. There are also a bunch of systems that work in parallel with Real AI...the Real AI component gives a more human look to the actions.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #190
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Yeah i'm not looking for a definitive answer. More just if such a thing is even possible.
They cant even discuss that though. Sorry.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #191
EA UFC AI Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thanks for the explanation. I think a good baseline for aggression settings should be what they do in the first round.

Using Machida as an example, in the first I should have to pretty much chase him around the cage. He should be using movement and counters regularly and his punch output should be low.

Now I dont think any of us mind if after round 2, AI Machida decides to be more aggressive if he is losing the fight but if he's winning that should be his strategy throughout the fight.

I'd also add Cruz to the low agg list after reading your post. He uses a ton of movement and space.

A good example of what appears to be a medium aggressive fighter in the game is Takeya Mizugaki. I faced him twice last night and while he was somewhat aggressive...it was never overly aggressive. I'd actually call it just active than aggressive. It was only two fights but assuming that it wasnt a placebo, Mizugaki is a good medium example.

Regarding high aggressiveness, I'm re-thinking it after reading your post and I'd remove Diaz and Dillashaw from my list. Diaz is offensive but not to the level of a Belfort or W. Silva.

Assuming that the aggression system value is more than just 1-3, me and I'm sure the other MMA nerds here are willing to rank the fighters on a scale of 1-10 if that helps you organize them. Just let us know.

Having community input on an overall aggressiveness ranking would definitely be of value. What's interesting with your Mizugaki example is that he's actually got a more aggressive set of tuners, but it's his Real AI database that makes him active as opposed to aggressive. W. Silva has high aggression and the most aggressive db as well. Based on my tuning so far, even W. Silva now balances stamina recuperation more in between bouts of high aggression. Machida is much more elusive unless he is losing (ramping up over the course of the fight)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #192
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOfRobots
Having community input on an overall aggressiveness ranking would definitely be of value. What's interesting with your Mizugaki example is that he's actually got a more aggressive set of tuners, but it's his Real AI database that makes him active as opposed to aggressive. W. Silva has high aggression and the most aggressive db as well. Based on my tuning so far, even W. Silva now balances stamina recuperation more in between bouts of high aggression. Machida is much more elusive unless he is losing (ramping up over the course of the fight)
Interesting about Mizugaki. Do you mind telling me who on the roster has the least aggressive set of tuners?

I'll get to work on a list using video and fightmetric data and post it here. I encourage others to let me know if they disagree with me on any fighter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »