Home

EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

This is a discussion on EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #41
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8
A little disappointing this isn't offered on the PS4, but then again, i'm sure Microsoft paid EA a ridiculous amount of money for exclusive rights to this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #42
Rookie

TOmuch81's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

Per Major Nelson's blog, sounds like this may only be a timed preview, maybe only as much as 2 hours

http://majornelson.com/
Old 07-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
A little disappointing this isn't offered on the PS4, but then again, i'm sure Microsoft paid EA a ridiculous amount of money for exclusive rights to this.
They already have a long standing partnership with EA and the NFL so I'm not surprised with something like this.

Edit: Nevermind that last part. Just saw on Major Nelson it is Xbox Exclusive.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOmuch81
Per Major Nelson's blog, sounds like this may only be a timed preview, maybe only as much as 2 hours

http://majornelson.com/
Knew it sounded too good. So really you get to play for 2 hours then have to wait until release day. Take that back. The Vault would be something good to look into. I want more than two hours though. I know it reads "at least" two hours but they need to set a number. They should give people five hours with the game. Five Days; Five Hours; Five Dollars. Come on MS and EA do that.

Last edited by LBzrule; 07-29-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #45
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
It sucks for those who only own a PS4. It's like throwing money away if you ask me. People with PS4's would buy this, why cut yourself off from that income source.
Well, I'm sure EA factored that "lost income" from PS4 users into whatever they charged MS for the apparently exclusivity of this.

That being said, I'm definitely going to do this. Not sure if I will do it for the $30 yearly, or just two months. Ideally I'd like to use it for Madden and NHL, but that's about it. The rest doesn't really appeal to me, but we shall see.

EDIT: If it's true it's only a 2 hour trial... then there's no way I'd be paying for that.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

i was so happy untill i read you only get to play for 2 hours thats dumb as hell
Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 PM   #47
Rookie

TOmuch81's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Knew it sounded too good. So really you get to play for 2 hours then have to wait until release day. Mehhh
Yup, agreed. It says, "as much as 2 hours." Pretty disappointing to me...
Old 07-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0
I don't think Microsoft paid as much as everyone thinks. EA and Microsoft have been buddy buddy for years and with Play Station trying to launch there gaming service it probably didn't make sense to try to compete for people's cash when the other system has nothing Like that going on.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »