Home

Madden NFL 15 - Some More Player Ratings: Julio Jones, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Some More Player Ratings: Julio Jones, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:15 PM   #41
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Some More Player Ratings: Julio Jones, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan & Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
I am a diehard Redskins fan and I just love RG III but with his past knee surgery and the way he played last yr how can he be one of the fastest QB's in this yrs game
Everything coming out of camp is that he has that speed back.. He's not that shifty but in a straight line he's as fast as any QB out there..

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #42
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Some More Player Ratings: Julio Jones, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan & Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Everything coming out of camp is that he has that speed back.. He's not that shifty but in a straight line he's as fast as any QB out there..
Heard similar things last year. At this point we just need to see it. It was amazing that Madden refused to dock his speed and acc last year in their weekly updates.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-31-2014, 07:57 PM   #43
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letemburn
My first post was to try and avoid all of this but oh well, here we go...

Im not saying Romo is our savior and the best QB to ever play the game. I simply posted my opinion that I feel Romo was deserving of his rating and for some reason that was comical and you(?) suggested a 71-72 overall I think it was? If that isn't a biased opinion I dont know what is. Heck, maybe mine is even a little biased. Maybe you can knock him down a point or two. But with the way many QBs are rated every year, (outside of Brady's under rating this year) I feel 91 is very fair.

Let me try to explain to you why i feel Romo is very deserving of his rating...

Romo is 5th (4th among active QBs) in QB rating in NFL HISTORY only behind Aaron Rodgers, Peyton, Steve Young, and Rivers.

Romo is 6th (5th among active QBs) in pass completion % in NFL HISTORY.

Romo is 6th (20th in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in comebacks.

Romo is 8th (31st in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in TD's.

Romo is 10th among active QBs in passing yards, passes completed, and total yards.

Romo is 3rd (9th in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in yards per pass attempt (4th and 3rd in adj yards/pass attempt)

Romo is 5th among active QBs in yards per passes completed.

Romo is 3rd (21st in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in passing TD%.

Romo is 5th (4th among active QBs) in NFL HISTORY in net yards/pass attempt. (4th and 4th in adj net yards/pass attempt)

Romo doesnt have the highest 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL since he took over starter by accident.

Romo doesnt have great statistics that rank near the top year in and year out by accident.

Romo isnt voted in the top 100 every year by his opponents and other NFL stars by accident.

Im trying to back my opinion with facts not comments such as "put in any 2nd stringer and youll see an improvement". Dallas fans have witnessed that when Romo has had to sit out games during his career that is not the case. How could you be fine with Romo being a 91 if Brady was rated higher but any second stringer would out perform Romo and bring better results to the Cowboys? I think that clearly shows that your opinion is very biased by basically contradicting yourself.

And where did i argue that Romo should only be 2 below Brady? I never said anything about Brady's rating. I totally agree with you that Romo shouldn't only be 2 "points" below Brady. That isn't because Romo is overrated, that is because Brady is underrated. You cant under rate everyone else because one guy is under rated.

Donny clearly sees this at EA year in and year out that Romo is not a bum as you suggest, constantly ranking Romo in the top 10 at the QB position. I am very happy he isn't blinded by the Romo hate as his opinion is what matters when it comes to ratings for Madden.

Dallas fans will miss Romo when he is gone and many people will see how talented he is when Dallas is stuck trying to find another QB if we dont start grooming one soon.

Everyone has an opinion though and that is yours, ill respect it, just dont quite understand it.

Yeah. But that LOOK on his face? I mean, c'mon, man. The only QB in the league that LOOKS like a bigger doucheb@g is Rivers! Lol. On the real, I've always hated the cowboys and I wouldn't want romo as my QB. However, he IS totally deserving of a 90+ rating for sheer talent alone. He is much better than I have ever given him credit for, and your stats make a fantastic argument. But, seriously, totally looks like a douche.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #44
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Lol at Rivers comment.

You don't like Ol Lazer Face Phil? He does have a look to him doesn't he lol

As far as RG3s speed rating....I dunno...guess we will see how he looks soon enough

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:59 AM   #45
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
I am a Cowboys fan and i love Romo. That being said i think the 91 rating is about right from September to November, then should drop to about a 75 in December.
Well it's obvious you don't watch football, but the if you go back to 2009 the only QB in the entire NFL who has a better december passer rating is Aaron Rodgers. Romo has surpassed Brady, Manning, and Brees in efficiency during December, but everybody's too busy drinking that ESPN kool aid to pay any attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 02:05 AM   #46
Rookie

Letemburn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsCrew
Well it's obvious you don't watch football, but the if you go back to 2009 the only QB in the entire NFL who has a better december passer rating is Aaron Rodgers. Romo has surpassed Brady, Manning, and Brees in efficiency during December, but everybody's too busy drinking that ESPN kool aid to pay any attention.
Thank you so much. Romo has been excellent in December! The team, not so much.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #47
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsCrew

Yeah. It's somewhat a shame that a lot of the blame for a perennial average team's woes fall on Romo who is actually one of the few good players they have actually had in the past 10 years. It's strange that this team gets hyped so hardcore EVERY year when they're full of avg players. ESPN's koolaid on the team as a whole is always, 'this is a really solid team. And if romo can just keep it together, they'll do well.' When, in reality, it's more like, 'once again, the cowboys have a very avg team with a solid QB. He's going to have to throw for 450 yds and 5 TDs EVERY game for them to have a shot a winning season and not go 8-8 as they do every year.' Lol.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #48
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah. It's somewhat a shame that a lot of the blame for a perennial average team's woes fall on Romo who is actually one of the few good players they have actually had in the past 10 years. It's strange that this team gets hyped so hardcore EVERY year when they're full of avg players. ESPN's koolaid on the team as a whole is always, 'this is a really solid team. And if romo can just keep it together, they'll do well.' When, in reality, it's more like, 'once again, the cowboys have a very avg team with a solid QB. He's going to have to throw for 450 yds and 5 TDs EVERY game for them to have a shot a winning season and not go 8-8 as they do every year.' Lol.

A poster over at cowboyszone did a fascinating research project recently. Check it out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by percyhoward
I went back to 1970 looking for teams with similar make ups to the Cowboys to see what kind of W-L records I would find.

The specific parameters were
for the QB:
Top 10 in passer rating

for the defense:
Bottom 10 in pass rating (against)

for running game:
rush TD below league average
Bottom 10 in rushing attempts

The first ranking is defensive pass rating, followed by rushing attempts and rushing TD, then the QB's rank in pass rating that season.

1973 Phi def 25th, rush (att 24th, TD 20th) Gabriel 5th 5-8-1
1980 NO def 27th, rush (att 28th, TD 25th) A. Manning 8th 1-15
1982 SF def 22nd, rush (att 27th, TD 17th) Montana 5th 3-6
1983 GB def 21st, rush (att 23rd, TD 17th) Dickey 8th 8-8
1986 Buf def 23rd, rush (att 25th, TD 23rd) Kelly 8th 4-12
1986 Mia def 26th, rush (att 31st, TD 23rd) Marino 2nd 8-8
1988 Mia def 23rd, rush (att 28th, TD 19th) Marino 10th 6-10
1991 Mia def 24th, rush (att 25th, TD 22nd) Marino 7th 8-8
1993 Atl def 28th, rush (att 26th, TD 26th) Hebert 10th 6-10
1994 Atl def 21st, rush (att 28th, TD 22nd) George 9th 7-9
1994 NO def 26th, rush (att 27th, TD 17th) Everett 5th 7-9
1996 Bal def 28th, rush (att 24th, TD 16th) Testaverde 5th 4-12
2004 Min def 28th, rush (att 28th, TD 29th) Culpepper 2nd 8-8
2011 Dal def 25th, rush (att 24th, TD 30th) Romo 4th 8-8
2012 NO def 28th, rush (att 29th, TD 21st) Brees 8th 7-9
2012 Dal def 29th, rush (att 31st, TD 27th) Romo 10th 8-8
2013 Dal def 26th, rush (att 31st, TD 18th), Romo 8th 8-8

A lot of bad defenses and unproductive running games there, and no winning records to be found.

In 2012, the Cowboys became the first team with these kinds of numbers in consecutive seasons. In 2013, they became the first team with these kinds of numbers three years in a row.

Marino and Romo are the only QB to have played on this kind of team more than once.

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-01-2014 at 10:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »