Home

NHL 15 Gameplay Video - Off-Screen Footage From Gamescom

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Gameplay Video - Off-Screen Footage From Gamescom within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 12:59 AM   #1
Rookie

Södy's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 15 Gameplay Video - Off-Screen Footage From Gamescom

PCgames.de has posted some off-screen NHL 15 gameplay footage. If anyone wants to translate what they are saying, feel free.

UPDATE: Comment #4 has the translation, thanks @Daenius!

Post your thoughts.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 01:06 AM   #2
Banned

GStera's Arena

Re: Off-Screen gameplay (XBOX One)

It looks pretty good to me. I am excited for direct cap footage. The cloth physics look phenomenal to me.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
I'm definitely sold on the graphics and presentation. Gameplay looks similar to previous years, but we haven't seen much, so I cannot confirm that.

The big story now is figuring out what modes are in (or are not).
Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #4
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 15 Gameplay Video - Off-Screen Footage From Gamescom

graphics obviously will be more crisp..

what i actually liked from that footage, was that it seemed the guys were trying to cycle a bit in the zone. also, the speed of the players looked to have been toned down. which is a good thing!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
Rookie

daenius's Arena

OVR: 3
here is a rough translation of what they are talking about in the video:

Host:
Unfortunately you just saw me lose in NHL 15 on the Xbox One, Christian was my lucky opponent, very lucky I have to say. He's laughing because he knows it.

Christian:
Come on, someone who's playing as unfairly as you doesn't deserve anything less than to get his *** kicked.

Host:
Trash talk aside, how did you like NHL 15?

Christian:
I liked it very much. At E3, EA promised to more or less change everything for next-gen and they made good on that promise I have to say. Not only does it look phenomenal, it also plays fantastically, the animations are smooth like butter, there's so many small details that you can see on the ice.
It's a lot of fun to play, especially when I'm winning against you.

Host:
I also liked it a lot despite losing, because I know the reason for that. Probably the controller didn't work too well, you know how it is at big shows, a lot of people playing on the same controller and they just break.
Seriously, though, it felt really responsive and it's always baffling how they take a game that's already very good to the next level, and the reason for that are the small details as touched upon before.
The ice powder on skates, the wear and tear on the ice that you had in previous titles look better as well, the fans, everything was refined, the atmosphere feels even better due to the fact that there are more fans than before; more fan variations, fans with hats, you don't see "twins".
We'll see what else they have under their sleeves next to all the details and the all-around process of optimizing the game.

Christian:
I think this will be a really, really good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

One thing I liked was a small detail when Travis Moen went to the box he just sat down and didn't have a full out overblown reaction like we saw from Marchand in the trailer.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #7
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Re: NHL 15 Gameplay Video - Off-Screen Footage From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius
here is a rough translation of what they are talking about in the video:
Much appreciated!! Thanks Bro.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #8
Rookie

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it a lot. Given that the game was sent out to conventions on the Xbox One, can this suggest they were using the Xbox One to create the game? I know last time around EA was making their games on an Xbox 360 console, so when they were rendered for disc, Xbox was slightly more advantageous on the visual side. This is the game I play most, I want to be able to chose the console that it'll look best on. In an interview Ram also said that "thanks to the power of the Xbox One" they were able to create NHL 15 as they did... but that was also for an Xbox Direct interview. Anyway, some help on which console was used to make the game would be awesome! Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »