Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 04:37 AM   #105
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
This is one fundamental difference between 14 and 15 that you should be able to notice. In 14, the player's timing window was directly proportionate to his jumper animation. So typically, guys who elevated more always had a bigger window than set shooters, which made them easier to time. In 15, we decoupled the size of the window from the animation. So better shooters should be easier to shoot with regardless of what animation they're assigned.
I think this clarifies more than your OP!

I've strictly been a real FG% guy since I had the option, but Ill give this new system a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 04:41 AM   #106
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Quote:
I've been meaning to work this into the shot system for a while but it keeps falling off the feature list. Mostly because you don't see it often on "regular" J's. And to make it look right you'd have to blend out of the normal shot pretty early, before the player even reaches the apex.

You guys must have an animation blend and state machine setup that's a joy to use. I've been trying to improve animation and control of roller blading characters in our title with a very limited set of animations to work with. The more I tweak the more transitional animations and poses I ask for. And I could tweak all day. I'm pretty sure our animator is starting to hate me.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-16-2014 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:50 AM   #107
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
We did not implement the meter for FTs. Technical difficulties. I would like to re-visit that next year.

Yes, fatigue impacts the meter.
What about post shots and lay ups? is it the meter there too? In other 2k iterations I always had the feeling that timing didn't matter a lot in those kind of shots...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 08-16-2014, 05:43 AM   #108
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Yes. We use real life FGA stats to determine how quickly a player fatigues. So volume shooters can put up a lot more shots before being affected.
Quote:
This is one fundamental difference between 14 and 15 that you should be able to notice. In 14, the player's timing window was directly proportionate to his jumper animation. So typically, guys who elevated more always had a bigger window than set shooters, which made them easier to time. In 15, we decoupled the size of the window from the animation. So better shooters should be easier to shoot with regardless of what animation they're assigned.
This is great to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
What about post shots and lay ups? is it the meter there too? In other 2k iterations I always had the feeling that timing didn't matter a lot in those kind of shots...

Cheers! ;-)
And this would be fantastic too
Old 08-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #109
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
As a fan of Andre Miller (who does not jump), this is welcome.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #110
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the info, Beluba.

Will this be implemented in the online gaming? Specially in the Online Associations.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #111
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
As a fan of Andre Miller (who does not jump), this is welcome.
This goes to any player with a set shot...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #112
Banned

OVR: 0

Yea mr developer all this new shot meter sounds good until people just spam the paint with lebron or whoever has posterizer or just picks the team with dimer or whoever has the most catch and shoot guys get rid of signature skills than i be hyped about this game until that happens it will still be a cheese fest
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »