Home

Is EASHL in XB1/PS4 Versions of NHL 15?

This is a discussion on Is EASHL in XB1/PS4 Versions of NHL 15? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_350z
It gets mind numbingly boring because teams try to score the same 3 ways all game. Sometimes it works, sometimes you stop it.

That's basically EASHL in a nutshell. There is such little variety in what people/teams try and do to score goals.

I know people will counter with the ever present-

"Well we only do it if the other team does it"

"It's a viable way to score"

"We don't do it, we play "real" hockey"

Which are all fine, viable, and acceptable answers. However, in my expierience almost 99% of the people we face try the same 3 things, and it's gotten boring.
At this point, if that's how the game is going to play online, so be it. They shouldn't pull it for you guys that like that sort of thing. However, I'll revamp player rating for a week or 2 and enjoy the offline game.
They have to get position to do the glitch shots though. Don't them get to that area or just play with a goalie. You can't glitch on a human goalie.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #210
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is EASHL in XB1/PS4 Versions of NHL 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
They have to get position to do the glitch shots though. Don't them get to that area or just play with a goalie. You can't glitch on a human goalie.
Yeah, but it is very deflating when you spend all of your time working to defend areas of the ice that are not realistic scoring threats in real life. That is what the problem with the game really is.

The AI is so bad that the human element is forced to play a game that is not really hockey because you spend the entire time just trying to stop a play such as a 1 on 2 in transition on the rush and a soft float shot from above the circles. Where as in real life that puck would almost never be a goal, it is nearly automatic in the series, and has been for years.

Meanwhile and conversely, cycling the puck and playing a realistic style down low that results in drawing the human opponent defenseman out of position doesn't really punish their team as the cpu goalie will then make an unrealistic side to side save where they are squared up with the tap-in that was fed far side before the puck even reaches the stick of the attacking player.

There in lies the true problem with the series. When you start defending areas that wouldn't matter in real life and start giving up or taking chances you wouldn't normally take on a real pair of skates because you know the game will react differently than what is realistic, then you are no longer playing a representation of hockey. You are just playing a video game. And that is not the point of playing; there are hundreds of video games we could play, there is no hockey game right now. Just because you slap NHL on the cover and make it look like it is on ice and with sticks and a puck doesn't make it hockey. You need to represent the actual sport of hockey.

This video game often falls far from the goal of making that happen, unfortunately. And it has been quite some time since they have even attempted to adjust it or fix any of these issues. The same money/cheese/glitch goals have been in the series for quite a few years. It is very rehashed and not fun or fresh if you are a long time player. This is our major gripe with the developers in the genre.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #211
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll say those complaining of glitch goals aren't playing EASHL properly and that further goes to show why this game will suck with no EASHL.

When you play this mode 6v6 it is a great video game. When you put the broken AI in it gets painfully bad. I play sometimes 3v3/4v4 whatever it is, and I know no matter how hard you try to shut down the slot sometimes it will happen. 6v6 is the only way to play the game to avoid the glitches.

And why do I call them glitches opposed to saying theyre just good plays? When you have a penalty shot and you shoot from the top of the circles because you know you have a better chance to score shooting a snapshot from the slot that is a glitch.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
I'll say those complaining of glitch goals aren't playing EASHL properly and that further goes to show why this game will suck with no EASHL.

When you play this mode 6v6 it is a great video game. When you put the broken AI in it gets painfully bad. I play sometimes 3v3/4v4 whatever it is, and I know no matter how hard you try to shut down the slot sometimes it will happen. 6v6 is the only way to play the game to avoid the glitches.

And why do I call them glitches opposed to saying theyre just good plays? When you have a penalty shot and you shoot from the top of the circles because you know you have a better chance to score shooting a snapshot from the slot that is a glitch.
Yeah I mostly agree. All these "glitch goals" have the perfect solution if you are playing with people that know how to defend against them.

I assume for the most part people are complaining about the charge up wrister at the top of the circle? Best way to combat is with forwards that play defense....
Old 08-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #213
Rookie

Matt_350z's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
My point isn't trying to stop the high percentage goals(or glitch goals). Through the years we have learned how to counter each one.

My point had far more to do with the fact that almost every team you face attempts the same 3 higher percentage goal scoring chances/moves. Whether you shut them down 30 times in a row or not.

That's the boring thing about EASHL to me. Nothing is organic(like real hockey) . Nobody tries anything different. It's dull and stale. So while it's unacceptable for them to remove EASHL after these past few years. I could honestly care less, as it's such a mundane expierience the past couple iterations.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #214
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

No one should be in favor of ANY game mode being removed from the game, no matter your opinion on it. Unless your goal is to play NHL 18 in a few years, and all thats left is HUT, in which case carry on.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #215

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
No one should be in favor of ANY game mode being removed from the game, no matter your opinion on it. Unless your goal is to play NHL 18 in a few years, and all thats left is HUT, in which case carry on.
Did I miss where anyone said they were in favor of removing it?

Not caring that it's removed is vastly different than being in favor of having it removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 01:48 AM   #216
Rookie

CRIXUS81's Arena

OVR: 0

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li.../10145764.page

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but apparently EA is going to announce the game modes next week. Until then I am so not going to stress over it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »