Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #145
Rookie

Slayer525's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Judging by the stats for a season, I can only imagine what they are going to be for a single game in a player focused cfm... Like so many others I focus on offline play. This is frustrating to say the least and seeing games with my opponent rushing 3 times(for example) in ALL 4 quarters makes me want to shoot myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #146
Banned

OVR: 2

Man this sucks. Ever year there is something with this game. Just when something gets better some else goes backwards. One step forward 2 steps backwards. I didn't play madden 14 but when I played madden 13 the sim stats where not that bad. It semeds like ever sports game has some sort of problem with sim stats and trade logic but these are just tearable and not even close. In madden 13 back up RB didn't average enough yards per carry and so didn't get enough yards and QB % was a little low but other then that ever thing else was like spot on. Its not just that peyton had only 13 TD in this sim but for the lead leagure to only have 24 and for only 2 guys to have 4000 yards is just tearable. This is not 10-15 years ago when 4000 was a big deal. With the rule changes making offisve easier 4000 yards is not what it used to be. Now you have like 10 guys a year getting 400 yards and sever guys getting 30+ TD this is just tearble game breaker for sure.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:47 PM   #147
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Maybe it's a bug when you SIM a season all at once? Maybe week to week it's better.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:14 AM   #148
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I think Foles only started 11 games last year, just for the record
Russell Wislon started all 16 he had just over 3300 yards and 63%. In 2012 RG3 started 15 games and had 3200 yards and 65%. It's easy to pick apart every stat and say its unrealistic but not everything is. Some of them are highly unrealistic like Peyton only throwing 13 Tds but some of this stuff actually happens in the real NFL.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #149
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
I understand what point you are trying to make, but look at the YPA for QB and the amount of carries the RBs get. It's horrible and they should have fixed this years ago. What the heck is a game you are trying to play like a sim that doesn't have sim stats? This type of stuff is just trying to push us to MUT, which seems to be one of the only options for a game mode that seems complete. Sad that I wont touch it past the first few pack openings, I'm not going to waste my money and play nothing but online games. They suckered me in with FIFA in it's first year of UT and I was #1 on the leader boards, since then I've hardly touched it.
My point isn't that the sim stats aren't broken, because they are. My point is that people are nitpicking every little stat saying "this would never happen in the real NFL" when some of it does indeed happen. AP having 1800 yards and only 12 TD's that happened in real life. QB's having less than 4000 yards and 65% that has happened in real life, Phillip Rivers in 2012. Some stats are completely off but not all of them are and that's the point I am making.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:22 AM   #150
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
In M25, the only way I could affect the QB sim stats was to "tighten the range" of QB AWR and ACC to affect QB stat lines...

High AWR / ACC = More TDs than Ints (with higher total yards / comp % / less sacks taken, etc))

Low AWR / ACC = Less TDs than Ints

Since "nothing really changes" in the Madden Universe, I'd guess that's a great place to start AGAIN this year...

Out of the box, starters AWR will range from the 60's to the high 90's...

I recall pulling them more into a 80 to 95 range and then running season tests to adjust ACC...

Run a season, find a "baseline" with a QB that has "average" stats and then use his AWR and ACC to calibrate who should be statistically above or below...

Secondly:

My experience re: Skyboxer's improved QB stats after 2nd and 3rd seasons have to do with the default schemes and gameplans implemented by CPU HCs...

The first year, the game doesn't seem to calibrate those to individual team rosters as well as it does after year one...

That's ALSO been the case for the last two iterations...

In short:

There MAY be a "ballpark" workaround in here, but it's becoming more of a drag to have to figure out how to do their work for them year after year...
The only reason I ask is because the out of the box rosters, every player is a superstar on both sides of the ball. The last few years I played with completely edited rosters to where there are very few super stars in the league and while my stats are never 100% lifelike I have never had seasons like this.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:18 AM   #151
Banned

Poetq's Arena

I am holding out hope that this is simply an outlier in terms of a statistical anomaly (both literally and figuratively). I'd like to hear if he simmed the season again just to make sure there wasn't something wonky in this initial go-round.

Also, if it is that terrible for one season... imagine simming 10 years into the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Russell Wislon started all 16 he had just over 3300 yards and 63%. In 2012 RG3 started 15 games and had 3200 yards and 65%. It's easy to pick apart every stat and say its unrealistic but not everything is. Some of them are highly unrealistic like Peyton only throwing 13 Tds but some of this stuff actually happens in the real NFL.
During the sim, is it possible that Peyton was injured and sat out a few games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »