Home

No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

This is a discussion on No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 11:34 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
The hitler video says it 4 me lol hilarious!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #122
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Ugh, sounds like GM mode is going to be half assed as well. At least it's in there I suppose, but still. As others have said, it's pretty BS that something like hut makes the cut if everything else is suffering. I'm glad Destiny releases the same day to keep me busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank's EA at least you gave me the ability to cancel my order today on amazon, they asked me for a reason i put down "EA whats 60 bucks for an incomplete game. " EASHL and OTP are the reason i play the game all year round with out both there is no way i'll buy it. Destiny will get all may attention now maybe I'll return for NHL 16.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:44 PM   #123
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

Only reason I watch NHL now is because a couple of guys(from my madden league) talked me into NHL 13. I cant remember the last hockey game I played, it was prob on PS1. I'm from Florida and all of my knowledge came from watching The Mighty Ducks as a youngster. After a week of learning the rules I was hooked. Not only on the game, but learning the sport as a whole. Since then EASHL has been the only mode I've played.

No way in **** will EA get my $60 for the PS4 version. Nor will I drop $ on a last gen version with a most likely untouched EASHL mode.

IMO NOTHING in the sports games genre comes remotely close to a 5v5 / 6v6 user game of hockey where users compete in unison to defeat the opposing users. It's a beautiful thing, especially when you defeat highly ranked cocky french men. Im extremely disappointed in the dev team.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:45 PM   #124
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboys282
Some companies put customers first. EA is putting their profit margin first.
Well, they are a public company. That's what public companies are supposed to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I know so many will hate me for saying this, but I'm happy these other modes aren't in the game.
For once, they worked primarily on gameplay and not a bunch of silly online modes.

This actually makes me want NHL15 more now.
I would be OK with that if I actually believed that they built the engine from the ground up. From the videos that have been released (not from EA) that looks far from the case. They can't even release any non-trailer clips to showcase the game.

I'll still probably play this game more than any other game on the market, but that's more because I'm a sucker for hockey games and these are fun for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H to the Oza
This is so brutal. Last year the reason for not releasing on xb1/ps4 was because you guys (EA) did not want to put out an incomplete game, now 12 months later thats exactly what we get.. an incomplete game. Presentation WILL NOT bring fans back year after year, GM Conected and EASHL will. The only reason my friends play Madden anymore is not because of presentation, but because of GM connected. Otherwise they would have tossed that game to the curb, as I have. Other than this slap in the face, gameplay looks really fun. Keep up the good work (in the gameplay department)
That's the biggest head scratcher to me. Had they released a game last year without EASHL/GMC I think most logical fans would have understood. I'm not buying they started this next gen cycle after 14 was complete. '14 was almost a carbon copy of '13 with a little bit of polish.

So as far as OTP, when they patch it in (because they said they will) does that mean you pick a position on an NHL team and play with real players, or does that mean you play with your character in a drop-in game?
Old 08-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #125
MVP

OVR: 12

You play with NHL players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 12:02 AM   #126
Rookie

OTP is your custom made player you play with.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:02 AM   #127
Rookie

in 14 at least
Old 08-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #128
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
OTP is your custom made player you play with.
Not in this version coming up for ps4 and xbone. It will be NHL teams and the players on those teams that each player is controlling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »