Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Don't you have it backwards? Longtime fans will be disappointed casuals won;t care? I am skipping again this year too many long standing game breaking (for me) legacy issues, but I hope you who get it enjoy it. 7.5 seems like a decent score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #26
Banned

Worried about sacks being too abundant, last years versions on all-pro I had guys wracking up 6-7 sacks a game, this year sounds like it can be worse.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #27
Banned

Dang, looks like I'll have to delay my CFM until the stats are fixed.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #28
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
This sounds positive but I am always hesitant when it comes to madden. The defensive improvements are very encouraging and is one of my biggest gripes about the series for years, excluding nagging legacy issues. I don't remember ever having fun on defense in madden, which was a reason I loved the 2k series. Hopefully defense feels as good as it sounds, especially tackling. Countless times over there years I've missed tackles simply because I thought my player was in range but instead I whiffed. Chris can you reassure my fears?
Old 08-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #29
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
This sounds positive but I am always hesitant when it comes to madden. The defensive improvements are very encouraging and is one of my biggest gripes about the series for years, excluding nagging legacy issues. I don't remember ever having fun on defense in madden, which was a reason I loved the 2k series. Hopefully defense feels as good as it sounds, especially tackling. Countless times over there years I've missed tackles simply because I thought my player was in range but instead I whiffed. Chris can you reassure my fears?
Defense is hugely improved, especially if you play on the line. The over the shoulder view makes it much more fun, and the on the fly camera changes make experimenting from play to play so easy. You'll need slider tweaks, but the foundation is there for a much more fun experience on defense.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #30
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
But to an individual, that is all that matters.

For example, Big Bang Theory is flat out horrible. But to an individual that likes the show, should it really matter to them what I think?
First, I don't mean any disrespect. You're right, it doesn't have to matter to him. But he were to come saying to me that show was a good show, then he'd be wrong. For example, I bought the first Amazing Spider-Man game. I bought it because I like comics, that's a taste of mine. Yeah, i enjoyed. But i could never say it was great or even good, I'd say it was decent at best. Even though I enjoyed it overall, I still saw all the flaws that were mentioned in reviews and how exactly the game held up to other games in general, and in its genre, like a Batman: Arkham game. That's accepting ignorance if you blindly say something is good/bad because you like/don't like it.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
First, I don't mean any disrespect. You're right, it doesn't have to matter to him. But he were to come saying to me that show was a good show, then he'd be wrong. For example, I bought the first Amazing Spider-Man game. I bought it because I like comics, that's a taste of mine. Yeah, i enjoyed. But i could never say it was great or even good, I'd say it was decent at best. Even though I enjoyed it overall, I still saw all the flaws that were mentioned in reviews and how exactly the game held up to other games in general, and in its genre, like a Batman: Arkham game. That's accepting ignorance if you blindly say something is good/bad because you like/don't like it.
Why would you like something if you thought it were horrible? I kind of get what you are saying. Everyone has their guilty pleasures.

But if you really didn't like something, you probably wouldn't think it's good. And if you like something, you probably will think it's good. It's opinion based.

(And I probably do this just as much as anyone).

Now if you don't like Breaking Bad, GOT, or the Wire, then GTFO (just kidding)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

Didn't say it yet, but thanks for the review!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »