Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #33
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Good review. Looks like I won't be starting my real CFM until they patch some stuff.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #34
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Not really. You liking something doesn't determine whether something is good or not. Quality is quality and mediocrity is mediocrity. There are always standards to be met. For example, you can like Alien: Colonial Marines, but if you're convinced that's a good game, you're flat out wrong. Liking and disliking comes down to tastes, and does not dictate quality. Same way you may not like The Last of Us, but for you to say it's a bad game is also flat out wrong. There are standards in the industry, in any entertainment industry, and as consumers we trust critics to uphold these standards in evaluating games/products.
That is completely missing the point. He never said people had agree with him or that his opinion is the right opinion. Nor did he say this review or any review doesn't matter. All he said is that the only thing that matters to him is whether or not he enjoys the game, which is a good perspective to have. There are people who have the complete opposite opinion of him where they simply dislike the madden franchise and no matter what people say, unless the game receives a complete overhaul, they will still dislike the game. Nothing wrong with enjoying something that is generally disliked or hating something that is generally loved. Different people, different opinions.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #35
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Why would you like something if you thought it were horrible? I kind of get what you are saying. Everyone has their guilty pleasures.

But if you really didn't like something, you probably wouldn't think it's good. And if you like something, you probably will think it's good. It's opinion based.

(And I probably do this just as much as anyone).

Now if you don't like Breaking Bad, GOT, or the Wire, then GTFO (just kidding)
It's more how much the flaws break your game to the point where your taste in the source material doesn't even matter. I didn't even give the sequel game a look with that reception. "Guilty pleasure" is a great way to describe it. When it comes to quality of a product, there is a huge amount of objectivity that has to be present. People are overlooking that and just going with subjectivity. Of course, reviewers themselves can be on opposite ends of scores, but it's incredibly easy to weed out which ones are reliable with cross referencing.

See, I love Breaking Bad, I'm sure there are people who don't. I'm not a fan of Game of Thrones, but I'm not going to deny that it's a well developed show. You would have every right to look at me like an idiot lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #36
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Seems every game releases with a day one patch so I'm guessing M15 will be no different. I'd love to see the notes on that update.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

EA needs to change the playcall screen as it was for next year. There wasnt a reason to change it, all they did was change the scrolling direction, but the screen is essentially the same and now laggy. The playcall screen is this years stratpad. Now change it back.

Overall, only played a few games, game plays relatively the same without the arcade type momentum. Being able to zig zag, will paly more and find out more. Decent improvement to m25, but m25 was such a bad game.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #38
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2

Could the playcalling menu be patched back to the old style or at least a option in the menus to make it old style? Kinda like they did with hot routes and the pre-snap adjustment controls in the past.

2014 OSFC CHAMPION
Old 08-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
But to an individual, that is all that matters.

For example, Big Bang Theory is flat out horrible. But to an individual that likes the show, should it really matter to them what I think?
Exactly, BBT is horrible to Mauer, but to me, I enjoy it. No ones wrong, I just think it's good, he doesn't.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

My relationship with madden football is like having the same girlfriend since high school who really let herself go. Like shes fugly. I cant get another one cuz she's literally the only one who will date me in the whole world. She can go to the store once a year and come home with some new swing or a crazy pillow but... well, you get the idea. I can't give the Madden team props for their game since 05. Ive owned every year's Madden, ever since 01. They have impressed me here and there, but in a video game market, they have not released an innovative product that I can recall besides the 2001 model. Thats the first football game that had me saying wow. The last was 2k5.

05 was the hitstick, 06 was the miserable next gen atrocity, 07-12 ???? Fight for the fumble, pro-tak, weapons...thats all I can think of in no particular order. 13 was physics, 25 was pretty solid I wont lie but still an incremental change that had its yearly, year long, lingering issues.

The Madden team has proved, since they introduced 3D graphics, that a yearly cycle doesnt allow the progress, innovation and quality that is possible and that loyal fans expect. Im going to buy it. I'm absolutely an addict to videogame football and I want the newest, updated iteration every time it comes out since I play season upon season. But EA hasnt done anything in 10 years to take the bitter taste of exclusivity out of my mouth and they never will. Thats not to say I wont buy 15 and play it to death. If I had scored every season of Madden halfway through each game's effective life cycle (6 months), I dont think any of them would have gotten a 7.5. A 7, or above average at most for the best one (25 if I had to choose). Damn, every post turns into a rant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »