Home

Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games?

This is a discussion on Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57

If The Golf Club was a wrestling federation, it would be mid-1990s ECW. Both products were born from and designed around the belief that the status quo in their respective industries had become stale and antiquated.

Read More - Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games?
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Although bare bones, I love this game and anyone with even the remotest interest in the sport should give it a shot.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
This game is easily becoming my favorite golf game. Hot Shots and Golden Tee are up there too.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9
I have been playing non stop since purchasing last week. Sure it could use a career mode of some sort but for what it is I am still loving it
Old 09-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games?

This is everything most have been asking for at OS for years from devs and sports games. A game that will grow with added content without the need to spend $60 every year, developers that listen and implement from the feedback of their customers, a game that sticks to realism in its sport. I'm not sure what else you could ask for at this point. Game is already my GOTY and it will only get better as the devs have time to implement more to it in the future.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Kudos to the HB Studios team on being completely transparent during *EVERY* step of the process. It's a big deal, especially with the tactics from EA Sports as of late.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #7
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games?

Really great game. Will only get better.

Gamertag: BMann1976
PSN ID: Introvert1976
Old 09-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #8
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

The reason I love this game so much is because it has none of the fluff. I've never understood why some people cared so much about putting on a digital Nike shirt or having digital Callaway clubs when the core gameplay was a bad representation of the sport.

I hope they never add anything like skill attributes, I love the fact that everyone is on the same level playing field and the only way to get better is to play the game better. That is so refreshing in an age where you can basically buy your way to the top of every other sports game. I don't think a career mode is need either, we can create our own tours which will serve as the career. When not playing a tour you just go play a round of golf, like we all do in real life, no career needed IMO.

TGC is the best representation of the game of golf I've ever experienced on a console. Yes, there may be some rough edges but, the core gameplay is so good that those edges just fade into the background IMO. I can't wait to see what HB Studios has in store for this game in the future. I really hope it is a huge financial success for them, or at least enough to continue to put time into its development.

I have been a long time supporter of EA's series, even with it's short comings. I was looking forward to seeing what EA could do with the PS4/XB1 and was excited about the information they were going to release at E3... then they released that trailer. My interest took a huge hit but, I was still holding out hope that EA could surprise us because I love golf. Unfortunately for EA, I didn't expect to love TGC so much. I'm not sure I'll even give EA's game another look. With EA's track record, there is just no way they will be able to match the gameplay in TGC and that is all that matters to me. TGC is the only golf game I need.

Last edited by rolltide1017; 09-03-2014 at 01:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »