Home

Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games?

This is a discussion on Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #9
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games?

I too was leery of buying this, especially with no career mode. After reading everyone's impressions here I took the plunge and glad I did. Just love the challenge of the many different courses available.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Completely agree with the comments here. It's a good game now and it sure seems like HB studios is going to make it a great game through the coming updates.

The gameplay is realistic and challenging, and the course creator is fantastic. I couldn't care less about using brand name clubs or seeing shirts with logos, so this game has everything I need (well, almost everything, but by the time the developers complete their updates, I'm confident it will be great)
Old 09-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #11
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

This is my favorite golf game ever, the best since Links 2004 on the xbox. So glad HB took a chance on it.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Really great game. Will only get better.
QFT! Based on what I'm picking up, I've got a very strong hunch that with update #2, it's going to have such significant improvements and enhancements that I'll be calling it The Golf Club 2! It's going to have a lot of golf gamers tossing their cookies
Old 09-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1
I am so pleased with this game. And this article touched on all the reasons why I love the game and HB studios. Transparency, using steam to work out the kinks before release, tutorials prior to release, no one gets over on anyone else as skill is the equalizer, players hit like amateurs rather then pros( you hit in the rough or sand your shot will be erratic at best), and a commitment to take ideas from the fans and grow the game over years, not months. This studio had a platform and then listened to the fans for feedback to build the game better and without the help of corporate licensing or micro transactions. I have Been telling all my friends about the title and all who have played or seen it are impressed. Even if you don't like golf, I would say say you should pay the astonishing price of $35.00 for this game as a vote of confidence to a studio that finally did, and continues to do, the fans right. I so want this game to do well and I hope the game reviewers see the beauty that HB studios has created here and vote this game the best sports game of 2014.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
I really have enjoyed this game. It is bare bones, but that's quite all right since they addressed GAMEPLAY first and nailed it. From here I hope HB Studios can leverage adding a lot more creation options, features, accessories to the game... It can only get better
Old 09-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #15
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
QFT! Based on what I'm picking up, I've got a very strong hunch that with update #2, it's going to have such significant improvements and enhancements that I'll be calling it The Golf Club 2! It's going to have a lot of golf gamers tossing their cookies
Yeah, I just can't wait until they add more objects, themes and maybe even surface types for the course designer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #16
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Yeah, I just can't wait until they add more objects, themes and maybe even surface types for the course designer.
Yep, all of the above are needed. What is conspicuous in its absence right now are roads, cartpaths, and fences. It's odd to see clusters of cars in a 'grass parking lot' with no roads leading to it? And fences are so frequently a landmark signature on golf courses. It sort of feels incomplete without all of these staples.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »