Home

Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games?

This is a discussion on Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #17
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
The ability to build on the core game sounds great and price is spot on but with no annual release or re-release as the game improves say a year or 18 months down the road where does the revenue come from?

New buyers from word of mouth is eventually going to simmer down. What sustains this business model?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #18
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Is The Golf Club Destined to be the ECW of Sports Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
The ability to build on the core game sounds great and price is spot on but with no annual release or re-release as the game improves say a year or 18 months down the road where does the revenue come from?

New buyers from word of mouth is eventually going to simmer down. What sustains this business model?
Some updates with more features will be paid DLC.

"You play to win the game."
Old 09-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #19
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Yea, I would expect some future updates to cost something, say a 2.0 or 3.0 update etc. They'd probably be more like expansion packs then updates, like Skyrim had, priced somewhere around $15. That's just a guess though. Honestly, this game is so great, they could charge me $35 a year and I'd be okay with that; as long as they continue to support the game with updates.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ear 2 Ear reading the comments... Totally enjoy the game n props 2 HB Studios!!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #21
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

I really haven't enjoyed a golf game like this in about a decade or so.

This game is good enough to where I think I may be able to get my 50 year old dad(I know, I know.. there are plenty of you guys here older than that, lol) back into to gaming with a PS4 and the help The Golf Club.

We used to play a ton of Links and some of the older TW back on the original Xbox when I was in high school, and it would be awesome to do something like that now that we're older and in different cities.

I don't know what the future holds for TGC, but they have made an evangelical supporter out of me. It's just awesome to be able to get into virtual golf like this again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5
From the get go this game reminded me of the original PGA Tour Golf games for the Sega Genesis in the early 90s. No power up clubs and balls nonsense, no super tees, no special boosts if you wore a Nike visor. It was you and the course and your score depended on how good you were. Granted it had the PGA license but the core game play is the same. I almost cried when I saw the way the green interface is set up. The flowing lines representing the breaks on the green was how I remembered it in my late teen years burning away many late night hours on my Sega. This is my question, I immediately DLed this to my GFs gaming PC, which, coincidentally she gives me very limited access to...and I read some of the reviews that said the PS4 version is choppy. Has that been corrected and is it bad enough to put a damper on the experience? I'll DL it again for my PS4 if the choppiness has been corrected or if it isnt really noticeable. I WOULD like to see the devs add a lot more for player editing options. The only thing I miss from TW is the ability to make myself a well built tattoed guy wearing a wife beater, kinda the way I look and wear when I go golfing IRL.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #23
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmathaifighter
From the get go this game reminded me of the original PGA Tour Golf games for the Sega Genesis in the early 90s. No power up clubs and balls nonsense, no super tees, no special boosts if you wore a Nike visor. It was you and the course and your score depended on how good you were. Granted it had the PGA license but the core game play is the same. I almost cried when I saw the way the green interface is set up. The flowing lines representing the breaks on the green was how I remembered it in my late teen years burning away many late night hours on my Sega. This is my question, I immediately DLed this to my GFs gaming PC, which, coincidentally she gives me very limited access to...and I read some of the reviews that said the PS4 version is choppy. Has that been corrected and is it bad enough to put a damper on the experience? I'll DL it again for my PS4 if the choppiness has been corrected or if it isnt really noticeable. I WOULD like to see the devs add a lot more for player editing options. The only thing I miss from TW is the ability to make myself a well built tattoed guy wearing a wife beater, kinda the way I look and wear when I go golfing IRL.
patch update and choppiness eliminated for me with vsync on and think some with PC created courses, but gone for the most part and devs will continue to release patches and updates
Old 09-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The PS4 version was extremely choppy on release day, but there was a patch that came out Thursday and fixed the frame rate.

Now all of the official courses play pretty smoothly, though still not a steady 60 FPS, because the game has always been designed to run at around 30-40 FPS on consoles.

Some of the created courses can still get choppy if they are overloaded with objects, but it's no big deal on the official ones.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-04-2014 at 12:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »