Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #65
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
We don't know much about the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 version of NHL 15 yet. So it's still a mystery as to what it will contain. I would assume that it will be keeping most of what was in NHL 14, but that's just a guess. We do know that the new commentators are in, as is the 12-man collision system.

We will be doing separate reviews for Xbox 360 NHL 15 and Xbox One NHL 15.
Exactly, we don't know. Try asking EA, see how far that gets us. Yes, us, the proposed consumer.

Absolutely no media for these games, sketchy Q&A's that feel forced, no feature announcements, rushing to pull all of the released footage that made it to youtube, no accountability, and lie after misconstrued lie. This is what we the consumer have been fed with the NHL series.

It boggles my mind how there are still people on here and other places that stick up for this stuff. That say "I don't care" or "It doesn't effect me". How doesn't it? What exactly are you going to do with this game? How can you not be bored with it in like 2 weeks with how it is featured? How can you overlook the horrible AI and lack of features and think that is acceptable.

There are people on here hoping for things to be patched. What makes any of you think that EA will do that, they haven't said merely two words about anything. The one patch they alluded to was for OTP to be added, but not the OTP that we know and play, a different version with no leaderboards and only using NHL teams and players rather than created.

What if all you care about is GM mode? You get into this game and you see the same wonky logic is programmed into that again with CPU trades that make no sense, superstars rotting in the minors, and just random missing players in the mode. Then what?

There is nothing to do in this game! Nothing. And the excuse that there is to do in this game, play actual hockey, that isn't that great either. It is the same exact game play as the past 5 years. Same goalies, same horrid AI teammate logic, same lack of slider functionality, and the same experience all around after you peel off the shiny new paint of presentation and puck physics (that don't even work realistically when you don't see pucks bounce out of play off of sticks or other objects when shot).

And with so much missing in NHL 15 it will be years before the game is even fully featured to what we have known prior. The setback we have witnessed for this year will haunt us for years down the line. We may not see things that really improve the core of this game for another half of a decade at this rate. Goalies have not been touched outside of adding new, unrealistic desperation save animations since NHL 07. That is 8 years with the same flawed money goals going in time and time again.

I know I have said all of this in other parts and areas on here, but this is the culmination of an angry group of diehard hockey fans speaking up finally after being forced to wait to place judgement on a game that was so heavily shrouded and kept under wraps for so long. This is us calling a spade a spade and getting our chance to be heard.

Nearly every single thing that we feared about this release came true and then some!

Here it is in 2014 and I am left without a college football or basketball video game and now, for all intents and purposes, I am without a hockey video game. Thanks EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #66
Rookie

Saint Iscah's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been a supporter of this NHL series since the early 90's. I did take off for the 2K hockey game for the early to mid point 2000's but came back to the EA offering w/ NHL 07 & have been a loyal "day one" purchase ever since.

Id say that 85% of my NHL gameplay is EASHL or OTP. Yet even after the "NO EASHL" bomb I was still on-board for a purchase.

Then the demo....it felt lackluster, but yet I still said "well it will be different when I can play full games w/ my team."

But now after all of this that "is not in the game" I am really skipping this game. Which as some of you might guess is a huge thing to say. Chances are if you are posting and reading these threads you are a die hard hockey fan that picks this game up day 1.

I just cannot go out on Sept 9th and put down $60 for this game.

I wish I could go back 3 months and stop myself from selling my 360 & NHL14. But I was in preperation mode for the next gen in video gaming with the totally awesome "winner of 37,560,075 E3 best game ever awards" so I sold my 360 (it did pay for my PS4 in full though)

But now here I sit with the one game that I buy every year & consists of probably 75% of my total gaming......and its a no buy on day 1.

I will buy this game. But on black friday or used. Im not paying more than $30 for this game.

I know my post will fall through the cracks of the other thousand "I will not buy this game" or "cancelling my pre-order" but I just had to come vent in some fashion.

One last thing.....to the people saying your insane for defending EA with this.......they are 100% right. This is inexcusable. Can you imagine if Madden ever came out this stripped down? There would be anarchy on the street. Its just that the NHL series is such a niche market for EA.

I wholeheartedly hope that people send EA a message and seriously hurt their day 1 sales. Please. Because posts and tweets will do nothing. Trust me. There is only 1 way to talk to them---------------------> $

Last edited by Saint Iscah; 09-04-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #67
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

nope not buying

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 09-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #68
Rookie

Not a chance. Already cancelled my preorder...
Old 09-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #69
Rookie

Wow. Talk about hype and then wearing a pie right in the face. I went from thinking this was a must have game to now I wouldn't even purchase if it was a $5 DL game. What ashame! But this EA and as long as consumers continue to buy the crap they are selling there's not sense for them to change.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #70
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

If you buy this game at Thanksgiving, even at $30 for a brand new game, that is counted as sales for EA right? I know its kinda hard to resist buying this game, but once you put your heart to really give the message to EA, dont buy it. Yes even pre-owned game. That way we can really "get even" with this poor effort of EA. Why reward them of $30 or even $20 for a piece of ****?
Old 09-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
If you buy this game at Thanksgiving, even at $30 for a brand new game, that is counted as sales for EA right? I know its kinda hard to resist buying this game, but once you put your heart to really give the message to EA, dont buy it. Yes even pre-owned game. That way we can really "get even" with this poor effort of EA. Why reward them of $30 or even $20 for a piece of ****?
Buy a used copy a week after release. Wait for some sucker who unknowingly buys the game not knowing what EA removed. You just know it's going to happen.

Only $5 less than retail, but at least your $55 isn't going to EA.

I'm buying the game, removed game modes and all. A basic franchise mode us enough for someone like me who hasn't owned an NHL game in 5 years. I can understand the outrage though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #72
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
You can "scout" prospects throughout the regular season, but once the draft arrives in the offseason, all of your team's picks are made by the CPU. There is no special cutscene or anything. The game just goes from a blank sim screen to "here's your team's randomly generated rookies."

Which is hilarious. Why even have scouting?

Rammer's damage control over EASHL feels like a total smoke and mirrors job—giving an apology over EASHL and citing the team's passion and asking for understanding over technical challenges, and then throws in some kind of nebulous fine print about patching stuff into BaGM mode, and nothing about BAP's steps back. It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

I don't usually get involved, let alone pissed off at this stuff, but I bought and played hundreds of hours of offline franchise/BaGM/BaP last gen. To me, this is a painful failure by developers. They should have been able to budget and plan this game around the time mandates of the higher ups. Should have just released an NHL 2K6 on Xbox 360 type of game last year, and run with that until the actual next-gen game was ready.

The product isn't finished, there has cleary been some development hell/unforeseen challenges, and now they have run out of time given to release a product. In the end, nobody at EA or the NHL series' customers are going to be happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »